• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet george & midnight

cannonwoman

Warren Veteran
My 2 new bunny additions:D

Firstly I`ll introduce George, he`s the dwarf lop Jane posted up about who was in need of a permanent foster home. Well he arrived here yesterday:D Sadly George developed EC a while back which un fortunately his vet at the time didn`t pick up on & this has led him to have periods of urinary incontinence, which now appears to be under control, thanks to the wonderful `Christobel`. He was then sadly struck by flystrike recently but has recovered from this well.
He is such a friendly bunny who is truly loved by his owner, but due to working fulltime he worries that he can`t give George the extra attention he needs so George has come to live with us & I`ve promised his owner regular updates & that he can come & visit him anytime.:D
Here`s some piccies of the handsome man himself:

DSC00009-6.jpg

Posing for ther camera

DSC00045.jpg

He `LURVES` his head rubs:D

DSC00046-2.jpg

Still spaced out after a good head rub..................

isn`t he handsome?:love: :love: :love:

And now for Midnight:

She`s a black rex who was taken in by a rescue. Sadly she has extremely sore feet due to sore hocks & severe urine scald which has badly affected all her paws:cry: :cry: She`s living inside on vetbed for comfort, is on metacam for pain & we are bathing & creaming her feet 3 times a day.
we`ve tried bandaging her feet but un fortunately she won`t keep them on so at the moment we`re having to monitor her round the clock to try & prevent her from licking them & making them worse.
we have considered a collar but i hate them & feel it would stress her out too much so at the mo we are just taking things day by day with her.
Here`s a piccie of our beautiful girl:
DSC00026-1.jpg

She is also about 1kg over weight which she needs to lose before she can be spayed but this is going to be a gradual process as due to her painful feet she is very reluctant to move around:(

Please send healing vibes for her paws as she really needs them...................

Su.x

Last edited:
they are both lovely Su and i'm sure they are feeling very happy to be with you :D
Healing thoughts for poor Midnight's feet x

Last edited:
I am so relieved that these two Bunnies are now with you :)
I am sure with proper care Midnight's sore feet and hocks will improve. What a shame she had to wait so long for treatment:cry: you came along just in time :)

Janex

:D Awww lovely ! George reminds me of one of the foster bunnies Ive looked after, little Hettie. So glad they are with you now Su.

They are both beautiful Su, and have certainly landed on their (soon to be not so sore) feet by coming to you

:shock: ..... faints ...... Oh my goodness - they are both adorable:wave: Hiya babies:wave: :wave:

Midnight is the image of my beloved Minnie-Moo - oooooh, me wants:oops:

:shock: ..... faints ...... Oh my goodness - they are both adorable:wave: Hiya babies:wave: :wave:

Midnight is the image of my beloved Minnie-Moo - oooooh, me wants:oops:

Stop trying to steal my rabbits Jay!:no: :no:

;)

Little bob & Midnight are now under lock & key!:lol: :lol:

So pleased to hear that both these buns are now in a lving home. Had poor Midnight been in rescue for long before you had taken her on? Has she started different treatment since she has been with you.

So far we have been very lucky and see very few rex's with sore hocks, although I am very aware that this is mre common with Rex's than most other breeds.

So pleased to hear that both these buns are now in a lving home. Had poor Midnight been in rescue for long before you had taken her on? Has she started different treatment since she has been with you.

So far we have been very lucky and see very few rex's with sore hocks, although I am very aware that this is mre common with Rex's than most other breeds.

I believe Midnight had been in Rescue for about 6 months. Sue's Vet immediately started treatment with Flamazine and Metacam as Midnight was in a lot of pain :cry: Su's Vet said that the soreness was caused by urine scald :cry: I have seen excellent results having used Flamazine on some of my Rexes sore hocks
I spoke with Su earlier and in just 2 days Midnight's feet have stopped bleeding and are less swollen. It will take a long time but hopefully Su and her Vet will get Midnight better, although she may never get full fur regrowth

Janex

Awww... they are lovely. Particularly glad to hear that George found someone to look after him.

I believe Midnight had been in Rescue for about 6 months. Sue's Vet immediately started treatment with Flamazine and Metacam as Midnight was in a lot of pain :cry: Su's Vet said that the soreness was caused by urine scald :cry: I have seen excellent results having used Flamazine on some of my Rexes sore hocks
Janex

Is it known what treatment that Midnight had been placed on previously whilst in rescue? It would be interesting to see how Midnight responds on this treatment if this is something new. In some ways I do hope that Midnight was on a different treatment to Flamazine previously whilst in rescue and hopefully she will improve steadily and quickly. It must be horrid to have feet that you cannot stand on due to them being so painful.

Get well soon Midnight.

Is it known what treatment that Midnight had been placed on previously whilst in rescue? It would be interesting to see how Midnight responds on this treatment if this is something new. In some ways I do hope that Midnight was on a different treatment to Flamazine previously whilst in rescue and hopefully she will improve steadily and quickly. It must be horrid to have feet that you cannot stand on due to them being so painful.

Get well soon Midnight.

I believe Midnight had been started on Baytril and Fuciderm a few days prior to Su adopting her. Apparently the previous Vet did not think analgesia was necessary :?

Janex

I believe Midnight had been started on Baytril and Fuciderm a few days prior to Su adopting her. Apparently the previous Vet did not think analgesia was necessary :?

Janex

:shock: :rolleyes: Is this a vet which treats rabbits routinely. I any vet ever said that about any of the ARC rabbits we would be moving vets. When Donna and I fostered for another rescue we got through a number of vets for either doing or saying something we did not think was acceptable.

I do hope that midnight had not had poorly feet for long.

:shock: :rolleyes: Is this a vet which treats rabbits routinely. I any vet ever said that about any of the ARC rabbits we would be moving vets. When Donna and I fostered for another rescue we got through a number of vets for either doing or saying something we did not think was acceptable.

I do hope that midnight had not had poorly feet for long.

I dont know about t'other Vet but thankfully Su's Vet is Rabbit savvy so at least Midnight is now getting good care. Plus Su is ensuring Midnight is always bedded on clean soft Vetbed.

Janex

Thankyou Jane:)

You`ve got a brilliant memory to recall everything i`ve told you about Midnight:thumb:

She stills spends most of her time laying down as her feet are still quite painful:cry: But her appetite is gradually improving which hopefully means we are making things more comfortable for her.:)

We know it`s going to be a long process but are determined to do as much as possible for her & the fact that her feet have now stopped bleeding & are less inflammed is definately a positive sign.

Am now of to do her night time `foot treatment` which is always followed by some tasty greens for her.............................

Su.x

Back