• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mr Sheen & Pledge`s new hutch

cannonwoman

Warren Veteran
I got given a double decker hutch a little while back which with a few adaptions i thought would be perfect for one of my pairs of guinea pigs.
Marks put sides on the ramp so they don`t fall off & boxed off 3 sides of the top off so they don`t fall down accidentally. They`ve now been in it for just under a wk & are loving it!:D
It took a few days for them to get used to the ramp, which involved me moving them from ground floor to top floor each day & then sprinkling grass all the way down the ramp to encourage them to use it & now they`re zooming up & down quite happily:D

here`s some piccies:

DSC00017-3.jpg

Their new home.

DSC00014-3.jpg

The top floor, you can see where Marks boxed in the ramp so there`s only one way down.

DSC00015-2.jpg

The ground floor, you can just see Mr Sheen ( Black piggie ) starting to go up.

Hope you like,
Su.x

Thank you so much for posting these pics Su, I too am about to renovate Teddy's hutch (that he came with) for my piggies and I couldn't figure out how to box off the ramp and the top to make it more piggy friendly. Yours looks great, and what a fab hutch to be given, I bet the pigs love it :D

Back