• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what breed?

Sas-Jd

Young Bun
what breed and colour is my new bun? she is only 7 weeks old.

Photo-0048-2.jpg

Photo-0011-2.jpg

Photo-0021-3.jpg

Photo-0017-2.jpg

Photo-0027-6.jpg

Photo-0020.jpg

Photo-0009-1.jpg

thank you

Looks like a mismarked Tri dutch. Where did you get her from? At 7 weeks old she should still be with the breeder and be in with her brothers and sisters getting used to coming away from Mum. No way she should be in a completely new enviorment! :(

I'm afraid her being weaned is beside the point. Rabbits have very delicate and fragile digestive systems.

I've been breeding for 13 years, and theres no way i would ever let anything leave here before 10 weeks old.

At 7 weeks I take Mum away from babies and leave them in the hutch they're used to minimise the stress.
At 8 weeks I split them into single sex groups in new hutches.
At 9 weeks I put them into individual hutches.
At 10 weeks I rehome them.

This way the babies have gradually been seperated and hopefully will be more prepared for the stresses of a completely new home. Sometimes this still doesn't work - I lost a 10 week old a few months ago due to the stress of being seperated from his brother :cry:

Please keep a very close eye on your rabbit and make sure she has access to plenty of hay to keep her guts moving. And please don't consider having another rabbit this young in the future, insist on waiting til 10 weeks.

Ok im not a great person on info on buns didn't realise. and my friend bought one and shes 8 weeks old and thats in wales.

Ok im not a great person on info on buns didn't realise. and my friend bought one and shes 8 weeks old and thats in wales.

Don't worry about it, it's not your fault.
We "trust" breeders to give us the correct information when we first start keeping bunnies, If you had known about this I'm sure you would have told the breeder you would wait a while longer. :p

Oh I'm not blaming you!! Its the breeder you bought her from - makes me so cross that there are irresponsible breeders out there that let them go too early. :censored: At least you now know for next time.

she was a rescue bun really the women is having trouble keeping males from females i though flossy was a male now i have to have both buns done to be together lol and have to wait 6 months for flossy to be spayed male bun can be done sooner though.

she isn't excellt on bun keeping i will inform her about her other baby buns now.

Very cute. I'd say she's got harlequin markings, but is probably a cross breed, why not ask the lady what breed the parents are?

Back