• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

beaphar fly guard

jfraryj

New Kit
hi im julie im new to the forum .i was wondering if anyone has used the product beaphar fly guard for preventing flystrike .not the spray but the one you apply to the rabbit im guessing . it is suposed to last for 3 months .i have a rabbit who is healing from flystrike and i want to protect her from this happening again please any advice is welcome and needed .
15316.jpg

Beaphar Fly Guard protects rabbits against flystrike
for up to 3 months.
Based upon advanced IGR technology that prevents fly
maggots from developing.
One bottle treats 5 rabbits.
Every rabbit owner should use this as a precaution
BEFORE flystrikes occur.

I have used it this year for the first time on my short haired buns. So far so good.However, if you have a hairy bun ( lionhead etc..) I can recommend Rearguard. It's excellent:)

Glad your bun is recovering, so many don't.:( Did your vet mention about diet?

Last edited:
Maizy

hi .can you tell me how its applied to the rabbit .are your rabbits indoor or outside .we are having a huge fly problem this year and im so scared she will get it again .thanks for the reply .waiting to hear from you .

I tried it last month. when i do it again, I'll sqirt a fair amount into a bowl and sponge it on to get even coverage and to massage it as far down into the hairs as possible....the spray is a little focused and seemed to bounce right off sooty.

It also smells quite bad. venillated room or outdoors needed.

Back