• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flystrike photos needed

bunnyhuggger

Warren Veteran
Does anyone have their own photos of the mess flystrike can make of a bunny? We've been approached by a med company who is seeking high resolution pics, they say this - 'We’re trying to educate veterinarians on the importance of identifying, managing, and most importantly, preventing this condition' and the photos would have to be available for licensing.

Edited to add: also photo's of any other animal which was a flystrike victim

Last edited:
have you tried Googling or Wikapedia? Sorry just ignore me, just read your message properly, re licensing.:oops:

:lol: S'okay!

Right, it's not just buns they're interested in, any other animal also, and specifically dog's ears :? I didn't know dogs could get flystrike in their ears :shock:

Sheep are big targets to fly strike. It's one of the reasons they get sheared. Maybe there are some small holders out there with some pics?

one of the sheep on the field died a few days ago, due to fly strike her name was Ma, and she had 2 boy lambs, who were still drinking from her. At the mo its a case of if the boys will survive (they are called ash-dread and sandy). No one has any pics, it was a bit to horrid for pics.

RIP Ma, a good mummy sheep, that was really annoying cuz she always came into the caravans and stole food.:cry:

Oh Isla I'm so sorry about Ma.:cry: I absolutely love sheep and hope to have a few myself when we move. I hope her little boys can make it through.Flystrike is so vile, it's hard to imagine anything worse ( although I dare say there is).:(

I nursed (and lost:cry: ) a bun through flystrike, and it was horrible.

I've pm'd you with the pictures, Lynda

I'm on holiday at ther moment but I'll ask my sis to photo any flystrike we get in. We have had 5 bunnies so far :( We had none last year! Just last week we had a cat who was crawling in maggots, he had been trapped in a snare for a few days by the look of it. They were all in his leg and shoulder and in his bottom, the poor thing was so gangrenous. We took his leg off immediately and I'm happy to say he bounced back immediately and is off to live with one of the nurses. We've also had a couple dogs this year too believe it or not, they were both hugely overweight who had collapsed and their owners hadnt brought them in, just left them lying there in filth and then wondered what the smell was:evil: :evil:

Oh my! :shock: I feel sick now! :( but if it helps to prevent more flystrike cases, I need to forward the photos to the company.

Back