• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New members to the Hairy Mob :)

Jaypot

Mama Doe
Last Sunday we took in three special needs buns from Jane's Rescue in Warwick :D
There was a single bun and a bonded pair - the intention was to bond either the bonded pair with Timmy or Hoggle and the single bun with Timmy or Hoggle - however, things always have a habit of going wrong and this is what happened:lol:

First is George - he is an older man and was one of 79 buns rescued from a house by the RSPCA - many rescues helped out with this and George was actually neutered and rehomed by the RSPCA - he went to live with a young family with children - and although they all loved him to bits and adored the way he sat on their knees the mum thought he may be lonely so took him to Jane to get a friend for him:D When he arrived Jane could see that George was underweight and very ill - it turns out that George was very anaemic and didn't have the strength to move around :cry: He was treated by her vets and was discovered to have a bleeding ulcer:cry: On special medicines George picked up slightly but had difficulty in hopping about and it took him a long time to finally get a bit fitter - although he will never be able to run about like mad, he is happy and needed a friend.
Here is George :D

100607030.jpg

The bonded pair are Florence and Chewy - both front toofless buns:D Florence is a mature lady and has terrible teeth problems :( But, she is a happy girl and loves to cuddle up :D Florence is our very first blue-eyed white:D She has some problems with her molars (most are missing or stumps) and her tooth roots are a problem - but she loves her Chewy boy and is a happy content little girl :D
Here is Florence :D

Florence100607005.jpg

Chewy is another toofless terror - He also has front paws that turn inwards but can move about like mad:D He is into everything:lol: :lol: He's such a lovely boy and a gorgeous colour - we've never had a bun this colour before:D
Here is Chewy :D

Chewy100607008.jpg

I'll carry on in the next post 'cos this won't let me put any more images on!

We put George into a run and let him settle for an hour as the journey had really taken it out of him :( Then after an hour we put Timmy in with George to see how they went together:D Here is the result :D

GeorgeandTimmy276.jpg

We tried Chewy and Florence with Hoggle but that was no good so I just asked John to pass me Florence and then Chewy and I put them in with Timmy and George - and this is the result:D :D :D :D

Thegroup2.jpg

After Timmy being lonely after losing darling Billy he now has three new friends and they all love one another:D They have not been apart since we introduced them all and it's such a wonderful sight to see a group in my bedroom again:D :D They are all eating well and snuggling up - if Timmy fancies a play then he knows that Chewy will happily oblige:lol: :lol: And if Timmy fancies a snuggle then George and Florence are there like a shot:lol: :lol:

George was desperate for a friend and now has three - it's just so wonderful the way it has worked out - we are all very happy and we know that they are all happy together:D :D We truly hope that they all live a happy and long life - 'cos we love them to bits and want them to stay forever:D

Lovely bunnies Jay - they are going to have such a wonderful life with you.

Last edited:
Aww that brought (happy) tears to my eyes, the picture of George and Timmy is lovely, and well done on getting them together as a group, they look very happy

Awwww Jay, they`re all absolutely gorgeous:love: :love: :love: :love:
And to see the one big happy group is lovely.:D

I know they`ll all be spoilt rotten now they`re with you

Su.x

Back