• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those who store their hay in the shed outside...

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
Once my shed has finally been cleared out, I'm thinking about buying bulk hay as its cheaper. I was going to store it in the original boxes it arrives in, inside my shed and keeping a store of some in my wicker basket inside the flat. My question is, is it safe leaving the hay in your shed? Does it attract rats/mice?? :? :(

As long as the shed is dry, the hay should be fine. I had mice in our shed, as it has a big hole in the door that we need to fix. But they were only interested in the bird food, and when I put everything in strong plastic boxes, they had no chance to get to it. They never touched the hay.

And if you put some bunnies in the shed to guard the hay, it should be even safer. :D

I keep mine in the shed along with all the bun food, we do have rats and they do get in the shed the door is broken and i need to fix it, but they never touch the hay and i keep the pellets in plastic bins with lids on xx

We haven't got a shed. :roll: ;) :lol: I keep it in the garage instead,we have mice i think but they leave it alone.Even though the bag is always open to them!

Ax

Back