• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG Bobbie is Building a Nest!! U/D 17th June

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
The Boblets are only about 3 weeks old. She CANT be about to drop another litter .......CAN SHE :shock: :shock:

Janex

Last edited:
can they have phantoms while they are lactating? I would have thoiught it was the last thing on a mummy rabbits hormone pushed brain?

Really really hope she is wrong about this one! :shock: the last thing poor Bobbie needs is more Boblets! Fingers crossed for her :?

Oh no :cry: If the boblets are a week older than you think is it possible, I'm not sure how long a bunny pregnancy lasts. I really hope not, poor Bobbie

I was under the impression that if they've mated straight after giving birth that the birth of the second litter would be delayed slightly to allow the first litter to be weaned and give the mum a little time to recoup - I could well be wrong though!!

I just got this quote from www.welshrabbitry.com/birth. It also says average gestation is 30 days but can go a few days either side too. Is it poss the kits are a little older than you thought? And that in combination with her being a bit early? It would just be a matter of a few days I guess.

"if you put some straw in her cage and you notice that she gathers the straw (or even her feed hay) in her mouth (see picture at left) and starts going to each corner of the cage, she is ready for a nest box no matter how early it is."

I hope she isn't, poor Bobbie, but keeping fingers crossed it all goes smoothly if she is x x

I can't get it to work properly, either. It says 'Page Cannot Be Found'.:(

Fingers tightly crossed that Bobbie is having a phantom!!!!!:(

ah sorry try www.welshrabbitry.com/birth.html sorry :oops: think that works.
I tried to have a good search but only came up with another site that had a couple of small paragraphs about limiting food intake in pregnant does and what effect that had on the litters. which was this
http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=17956706
which is a bit grim really and I don't think very helpful to Bobbie's situation.
Couldn't find much else.
Don't think I'm being very useful :?

Bobbie is now manic and building a mega nest with fur, the works. OMG I think babies are imminent. Should I leave the five Boblets with her overnight?
They are eating hay, pellets, veg + grass but are only 3-4 weeks old so must still be suckling.
If Bobbie has more Boblets tonight will she attack the older Boblets?

HELP PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Janex

Back