• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Casy And Spice Are Still Here....I FEEL AWFUL..

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Oh god i feel so bad ....

the lady wanting casy and spice came to pick them up tonight...but they ended up staying here :cry:
It was all very embarresing:oops: :oops:

I was sure i had told her our adoption fee was £25 per bunny but she said i hadnt:shock: :oops:
She thought this was too much.:(

i explained that spaying them had cost a total of £90 but she still thought the adoption fee too high .

She seemed a nice lady and had a good set up but i felt i had to let her go home (an hrs drive ..)empty handed:?

did i do right ...

i feel sooo bad.....for the lady coming all that way.....especialy if it was me that forgot to tell her the adoption fee.

and i feel bad for casy and spice cos now they are stuck here :( :( :(

Last edited:
angie, if she couldnt afford or didnt want to pay the £50 then how could she possibly afford any other vet treatment in the future?

you did the right thing and its for the best for casy & spice. dont feel bad about it :D

Personally i think you did the right thing Angie. £25 each doesn`t even cover half of what you`ve spent on them plus the time & care you`ve put in.
Her set up might have been nice but my question would be if she wasn`t prepared to pay that what would happen if they became ill & they needed veterinary treatment?:?

Hope they find a loving home soon, they`re both beautiful:D

Su.x

:thumb: I agree you did the right thing. Im sure another person will come for them very soon x

Oh no!! What a shame, but I totally agree. £25 each is nothing, considering they're spayed!! If the woman wouldnt pay, (even if you hadnt told her the price previously) I dont think she should have taken them. Same old story I'm afraid, but if you cant cough up £50 now, what about those unexpected vet bills. Hope Casey and Spice find the home they DESERVE very soon.

THANKS EVERYONE ....BUT I STILL FEEL BAD :cry:

I COULD KICK MYSELF FOR NOT CHECKING WE HAD GONE OVER ADOPTION FEES ETC ON THE PHONE. :?

I think you did right too. £50 for them both is no way a lot to ask for them. Hope they find a lovely home that deserves them soon too!

Don't feel awful, you did the right thing! If she didnt think a donation was right, then she doesnt deserve to have those buns! and £25 is nothing at all... :roll: :roll:

Agreeing with everyone else on here!!!- you did the right thing! 50 quid for both of them spayed , and ready to go - is nothing! and again agreed on the point about if she wouldnt spend that just to get them - what about furute vets bills.!
When I got Isaac *he was being bonded with snowflake in a rescue* I tried to pay her 50 quid for him - but she wouldnt take it! *he was not done as he was a baby* but I managed to force her to have 30.
So 25 each is nothing - especially seeing as it doesnt even remotely cover your costs.

Oh no :(

I'm absolutely amazed that she thought the adoption fee was too high... £25 doesn't even cover the cost of spaying the girls and she'd certainly pay out more if she obtained two bunnies through other means and then had to pay herself to have them spayed :(

I think you did the right thing Angie. I hope you're ok x

What a shame, I can't believe she thought it was too high. Maybe it was for the best what would she have thought of some of the vets bills you can get.

I hope the buns get a nice home soon:D

Definitely did the right thing. If she won't pay that for the bunnies, she'd probably be reluctant to take them to the vets/ have them vaccs etc.
Also, she may have been bluffing, hoping that you would lower the donation.

silly woman. I'd expect to pay at least that for any bun I adopted. How else do you expect a shelter to survive and to be honest, if she was reluctant to fork out 50quid for 2 buns, would she also be reluctant to buy them proper food, hay and vet bills if they needed it.

I'm sure you'll find a great home for them soon.

You most definitely did the right thing - if she can't afford that and is unwilling to pay that then she can't think that they are worth it.
Casey and Spice will find a home soon and go to someone who would go to the ends of the earth for them and see £50 as a bargain:D
Don't feel bad - and I'm sure you did mention it on the 'phone, she may have been trying it on:?

Thank you for your support everyone . i know you are all right ....but i cant help feeling guilty for her coming all that way for nothing. i realy should have been clearer on the phone . i feel sick just thinking about it . :( :(

Never mind you feeling guilty Angie - SHE should feel guilty for being such a tightwad that she's abandoned 2 bunnies at the outset, without even giving them a chance :evil: Don't get guilty - get angry :evil: :evil: :evil: Nasty lady :evil:

Back