• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gus wants to join the guinea pigs

When we got home last night, Gail went to feed the bunnies. She came downstairs in a panic as she couldnt find Gus anywhere.

Eventually we found him in the guinea pig pen under "Club Tropicana" which is their hidey hole made out of beach mats :oops: He'd eaten all their food and had got a very smelly bum.

I couldnt work out how he got into the pen. Its a C&C pen (only 1 panel high) but surrounded by 3 foot pen panels mostly and with a box full of hay against half of one side. Gus isnt known for his bunny mountaineering skills so I was mystified by it.

I removed him from the piggy pen, and thankfully they were all ok but very annoyed at him and they kept jibbering away at him angrily :lol:

This morning, he was in there again :evil: and the piggies were annoyed again.

I removed him and settled down to watch. He eventually decided the lure of piggy food was too much and went back into their pen. He's climbing into the hay box which I filled up 2 days ago, and then getting to the top of the hay pile before jumping into the pen. I've never known him so active.

Needless to say, I've had to put another 3 foot panel on that section of the pen, and the hay has been moved to another corner of the room. Unless he has access to a parachute, I dont think he'll be joining the piggies again :)

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!:D :D

I wish all those people who claim that 'rabbits aren't clever' could read your post!!!!!:p

I'm not surprised he did this. Mine will do anything to try and snatch the pigs food rather than eat their own! I think there must be something in guinea pig food that drives them crazy for it!! :) I'm guessing it could be the added vitamin C. Unfortunately I heard its not good for them so they've got to have their own pellets. ;)

well i have just got home from my meeting. gail checked on him earlier on and he wasnt with the piggies

guess what though - he was in there when i got back. i can only assume he can jump 3 foot :shock: got to try and put a lid on the pen to stop anymore wild guinea pig food stealing :lol:

Mine love piggy food too (although they love any food really!). I have such a cute picture in my head of your piggies all complaining to each other about the bunny invasion! :lol:

Gus is sulking now, upstairs in his cardboard house, cos he cant get in with his little friends :lol:

Lola is sulking because Gus wont come near her, so she's upturned the big corner litter tray that i use as her hay rack :shock:

This morning, I did find Gus in the hay box ( i have no idea why he's getting so naughty lately) eating the dried plantain and marigold out of the tub. he had herbs on his head, under his chin and all over his paws and looked very guilty when i "rescued" him :lol:

Back