• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

excel super forage

ecudc

Warren Veteran
has anyone noticed that the hay in excel super forage seems to have become about a quarter of the length it normally is? I opened the bag today to find strands only about 1 cm long. I wonder if it will have the same wearing effect on his incisors. Not great when he's off to the vet today. I packed him a packed lunch of superforage and some favorite food so they could tempt his appitite after his op and I felt a little embarrassed packing that.

I think it's the end of 'hay season' for now so it might be a second cut of shorter hay from their suppliers?

I've not bought any recently but I was unimpressed that it wasn't that long anyway! The buns love it though so they have some alongside their normal hay :)

it's usually a mix of dried grasses and hays. The one I had before I think had some timothy in it and I think possibly some oat this does seem much more like grass and smells really strong (not bad, just strong). Sooty seems to be eating it but I think I'll have to get him something else too to keep his incisors in trim.

The good news is that the vet didn't ask waht cr*@py hay I was giving him and he's back from the vet and eating a bit and drinking too. Glad I've got the day off tomorrow to make sure he's ok.

Back