• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Citronella

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
I've just bought some off ebay to ward off flys around my bunnies but also have read it very good to ward of Bunnies from chewing furniture etc. Has anyone else experienced this before i go covering my home in the smell??:lol:

ok this is very important.

On sept 2nd 2006 Citronella was BANNED as a repellent along with many other natural products like eucoliptus (sp), tea tree etc under EU law.

We had to have all our range of products reformulated and many well known products like dynamite and many of the interpet range of spays became illegal to sell over night.

By all means use it as this law is BS but the person selling it is breaking the law by selling it as a repellent.

to answer the original question it does work for that purpose, but is still illegal to sell for that purpose. (thats is why you cant get bitter bite /lime bite spray anymore)

ok this is very important.

On sept 2nd 2006 Citronella was BANNED as a repellent along with many other natural products like eucoliptus (sp), tea tree etc under EU law.

We had to have all our range of products reformulated and many well known products like dynamite and many of the interpet range of spays became illegal to sell over night.

By all means use it as this law is BS but the person selling it is breaking the law by selling it as a repellent.

to answer the original question it does work for that purpose, but is still illegal to sell for that purpose. (thats is why you cant get bitter bite /lime bite spray anymore)

:shock: :shock: Why did they ban it? whats wrong with it??

as we said it is a BS law, but as with all law's we have to obay them,

Notice I didnt say it was illegal to use them as a repellant just illegal to sell them as one.

That law cost us a fortune as we had quite a few products that were on the ban list in stock at the time so we had to dump them all as we were unable to return them :(

as we said it is a BS law, but as with all law's we have to obay them,

Notice I didnt say it was illegal to use them as a repellant just illegal to sell them as one.

That law cost us a fortune as we had quite a few products that were on the ban list in stock at the time so we had to dump them all as we were unable to return them :(

Thats terrible:( its so annoying as these laws always hurt the small business

The website I got mine from specifically sadi that under EU law they were not allowed to sell it as a repellent. I love the EU (that's sarcasm)!

Dynamite was the best fly repellant ever, I used it on my horse and he wasn`t bothered by the flies as well as the rabbits.

Bunnybasics what do you recommend to replace it????

you can still buy dynamite as I bought some only last week. They just can't sell it saying thats what its for.

Romy.. a pet anti-chew spray i got from pets@home a few years ago contains citronella. Not sure if it worked or if Simba just grew out of chewing everything at the time.. my flat stunk of citronella though and you had to re-spray it regularly for it to be efficient.

Romy.. a pet anti-chew spray i got from pets@home a few years ago contains citronella. Not sure if it worked or if Simba just grew out of chewing everything at the time.. my flat stunk of citronella though and you had to re-spray it regularly for it to be efficient.

Hi Diddeen! Thanks its just on some cables that are tacked to the skirting board. Darcy ignores them but am just worrying in case the girls take interest once they are free roaming thru the flat. Better safe than sorry. I have to say they have ignored the tacked cables on the Kitchen skirting boards which is a good sign but I just don't want to take anything for granted. I don't mind them chewing furniture but wires scare me!!

Back