• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If you're worried, say something

lisa82

Mama Doe
I went to P@H today for supplies and looked at baby buns, as always, one caught my eye which was just laying there and hadn't moved during the few times I'd walked past. On closer inspection her bum looked a little bit dirty but could not tell for sure due to how she was laying. In circumstances like this I'm usually told I'm worrying too much and they'll be fine by my OH who's usually with me (on my own today). I began to queue at the check out and the people in front were faffing and I couldn't help thinking something was wrong. So went back and told the staff, the guy picked her up- and she had a really, really mucky bum, and she was whisked off to the vets in the store straight away in the guy's arms.

I am so relieved I went with my feelings today and hopefully she could be helped by the vets. I just wanted to say if there is anyone else on here who is concerned please say/ do something, as you may be able to make a difference, as I hate to think I could have left her to suffer.

I know a lot of you (in fact most!) have way more bunny knowledge than me but to those of you like me who are learning lots and care loads about buns you can still make a difference.

Just down the road from me :D

PAH Portsmouth or Fareham?

We should have a big bunny meet up :D

It was Fareham, generally I think they're ok there but the staff vary, fortunately today the ones I dealt with did appear genuinely concerned. The vets in there have been fab with my buns so hopefully she's in good care now.

Well done for telling them :thumb:

Unfortunately I'm not so sure all buns will get treatment :( Many just bung them out the back of the store...and not all P@H have the instore vets :(

That's exactly what my OH said, what would have happened if there wasn't a vets there, eg if it was an independent pet shop? I hate to think. If I had to take her to a vets I'd take her to that one :cry:

slightly off topic, but Gem do you know of any rescues etc round here that are happy to bond buns? just in case I chicken out with mine, thanks :D x

I did the same the other day for the first time with a baby guineapig. It was not breathing correctly, almost panting :( I watched it for a few minutes and the manager walked past so I grabbed him. He picked the piggy up - it didn't try to run at all - and agreed it sounded chesty and was ill. I too wonder what happens to them. The Blackburn P@H don't have an instore vet, do they return them to the breeder to an unknown fate or do they get treatment? Where's 'feeling the wrath already' when we need her?

Back