• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If you have more than one pair of buns; re: exercise in garden

Rabbers

Mama Doe
Hi!

I only have one pair of rabbits and they always have free run of the garden when I'm in.
If I got another pair, would they need a run to separate the two pairs, or alternate when they exercise? Or is it possible for two pairs to roam in the garden together?

It's all hypothetical. Just wondering what I'd have to be prepared for if i ever decided to get another pair. I have not seen a pair on Rabbit Rehome or anything!:? ;) :rolleyes: :D

Usually to put buns together you have to go through a bonding process. If you separate at the end of the day (or whatever) you would be effectively re-bonding them everyday. If I were you, i'd get bigger permanent accommodation, so they can live as a permanent foursome, or split garden in two & exercise alongside each other.

Usually to put buns together you have to go through a bonding process. If you separate at the end of the day (or whatever) you would be effectively re-bonding them everyday. If I were you, i'd get bigger permanent accommodation, so they can live as a permanent foursome, or split garden in two & exercise alongside each other.

Ahhh thought so. I like that they have the free run, so I suppose bonding would be the best option.
Thanks!

I agree with that... I have just bonded 2 pairs so that they could all have more room. they don't have free range of the garden, but they share a big enclosure. I have another penned area, which I use for the foster buns... they alternate time in there. :D good luck with whatever you do!

I have some buns who just do NOT get along, so I have to alternate garden times for them and rotate ones that can get along together!!!!!

I have several pairs of buns, they are let out in their pairs for 2 hours each, and then I alternate it throughout the day, they have complete freedom to run around the garden.
Sallyx

I have 2 gorgeous pairs of buns that turn into :evil: when they see each other, which means I alternate free range time in the garden, and have to screen off the runs so they can't see each other.
If I could have bonded them I would do that as life would be so much easier!

I have 2 gorgeous pairs of buns that turn into :evil: when they see each other, which means I alternate free range time in the garden, and have to screen off the runs so they can't see each other.
If I could have bonded them I would do that as life would be so much easier!

same for me with my two pairs.
I think that they poo more in the garden and they spray wee alot because they can smell the other pair. I'm not sure if i'd have two separate pairs again because of the mess they have made.

Mine have to be run out seperately, which takes me hours swapping them over (although I go away and do chores in between as they are just outside the back door on the patio - I wouldn't leave them on the garden unsupervised) Like Estelle says, they use the area as a toilet when they can smell other rabbits - my lot have a poo/wee competition and you wouldn't believe the state of the patio after a few hours :shock:

Mine would kill each other if I put them out together. Buu and Beau arent together yet but Buu is living in the hutch and run they will both be in. If I let Trip and Scarlett in the garden I bring Buu in the house first, and when its Buus turn I bring Trip and Scarlett in :D

Back