• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breed are we?? walnutearth626 & anyone else!

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
As you all know I adopted my girl bunnies from ARC rescue last month. I'm extremely happy with my bunny family but would love to know out of interest just what breed they both are. I already know DArcy is a frenchie - not hard to spot that one!!:lol:

Here is the lovely Annie....

May032.jpg

She has small uppy ears that can do the aeroplane look but not the loppy unless she is washing them. The fur on her face is very fine and stands up like a punk rocker!!:lol: :lol: Her fur is very fine but soft and fluffy.

Here is the lovely Beatrix....

May026.jpg

She is the smallest of the three with flexi-ears! They can be lop, uppy and aeroplane depending on her mood or noises!! Her fur is fine and very very silky.

:D

They are lovely:D
I guess you'll never know for sure without knowing the parents. I think they are both lovely cross breeds:D Beatrix has some Netherland in her I'd say, she has that shaped face and Annie is marked similar to English so I'd say English cross, maybe dwarf something if her ears are tiny:D

Beatrix must be a nethie cross I think - she looks like Tia with new ears :D

And the other one looks a bit like my Primrose - Maa the golden lop is the mother of all 4 of the colourful bunnies in my sig, so as you can see, genetics is an unpredictable thing! :)

Definately recon Annie is an English X, She's pretty much like Tilly-May and Rhia ;) Think Rhi's more 'english-y' than Tills was though, whats Annies back marked like? X

Very pretty crossbreeds :)

I don't think Annie has English in her, it is possible to get 'English' markings in lops - shes too chunky faced to have English in her.

Without getting too geneticy, if you mate 2 butterflies together you get butterflies and 'charlies' - charlies have English style markings and all called 'Charlies' because most of them have a trade mark charlie chaplin moustache.

Annie most defintely has lop in her somewhere to get those markings, but as for the rest of it, no idea!

I thought Annie might have some lionhead in her, because of her wild "facial hair". :lol: I used to call her Punkie when she was with me. :D

I see what you mean about Beatrix poss being a nethie x. What do you reckon she is crossed with? Her ears are massive - much longer and bigger than Annie's.

I did wonder if Annie was an English with her colouring across the back. She can have one ear lop and ear up at the same time but never has them both down as lop. She prefers uppy ears or aeroplane, so Walnut is prob right about being a "charlie breed"!:lol: Bless my ickle Annie, i'm not telling her that tho as "charlie" sounds a bit mean.

Ohh just had to drop in to say Annie looks exactly like my Rolo!

543766072_9ef20fc032_o.jpg
[/IMG]

A real resemblance, i had to do a double take...:D

Deb

Back