• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm desperate to rehome...

JellyBelly

Mama Doe
I am looking to rehome a guinea pig or two and maybe a rabbit but despite sending a couple of emails and searching the relevant sites i'm not having much luck.
I might give up :?

if you're looking to give an animal a home then pm some rescue from this forum..bunny/piggie runs can be arranged!:D

Sorry i meant give an animal a home. Thanks Jill, i was trying local first purely because it's much less hassle but may go further afield if things don't wotk out x

If you PM SOAD she will put up a 'looking for' post for you in RIN. Be specific about what you want/ can offer and then rescues can let you know what they have available.

Or you could join this forum:
www.theguineapigforum.co.uk and ask in their rescue section.

Good luck!

If you don't have any lucky locally, I will certainly be heading down south in the next few weeks & can transport some rescue buns down to you :D

Thanks, i'm on the guinea pig site but havent found much.
I'm still working on the hutch area but i appreciate the offer CottonMather and might take you up on it if i find a bun! x

I know of a guinea pig looking for a home he is located in nottingham do you want me to e-mail the owner and see if she still has him

What about considering Freeads/Gumtree/etc?
I'm not suggesting you go and support backyard breeders but there's often genuine free-to-good-home ads and the like from people who don't know there are rescues for small animals or forums like this :)

I have emailed Briar Patch who would like Bert to be neutered before i try to find him a girlfriend so thats something i'm considering as i didn't realise he would need to be done for him to be suitable!

Thanks Sazzy but a colleague has just told me that the stables she keeps her horses at are overrun with guineas after accidental litters so i may look into those first or else there going to pet shops :cry:

Thanks Sazzy but a colleague has just told me that the stables she keeps her horses at are overrun with guineas after accidental litters so i may look into those first or else there going to pet shops :cry:

Rather than go to a petshop if you can't find a rescue guinea, have you thought about finding a breeder? Have you looked at cavyclassified? When I was looking many were in Kent (someone emailed me to say they had coronet babies in Kent) and you can put a wanted ad on. There are rescue pigs on there too as well as free to good home breeders 'rejects' (which are still beautiful but not showable)

http://www.cavyrescue.proboards100.com/index.cgi?

This thread has babies in Birmingham but have arranged transport to Kent this Saturday if you move quickly. They are in the 'rescue' section.

http://www.cavyrescue.proboards100.com/index.cgi?board=links&action=display&thread=1181392112

http://www.freewebs.com/cavy/index.html

Last edited:
Whereabouts in Kent are you?
GBH in Beckeham has loads or rabbits and guinea pigs - I've had a rabbit and three guineas from there.
Furry friends in Surrey has both usually as does Animal Lifeline (Old Coulsdon?).
There's the RSPCA in West Medway that has a lot of guineas and rabbits.
Foal farm in Biggin Hill.
That's just a few!!
Sometimes its best to phone as well as email beacuse not all rescues get to check their emails regularly.

Sorry i have been really busy.
I havent tried to locate any rabbits or guinea pigs but i did buy a new hutch today so the hutch area is coming together.
Thanks for all your help x

I a colleague has just told me that the stables she keeps her horses at are overrun with guineas after accidental litters so i may look into those first or else there going to pet shops :cry:

:shock: This is a really serious situation as female guinea pigs can get pregnant at (wait for it) 4 weeks old - boys can mate at 3 weeks old! Is there anything you can do to help these poor pigs, like contact a rescue, and advise the stables of guinea pigs amazing ability to breed whilst still babies themselves?

I know they have been told about the risk of more accidental litters by my colleague but i don't know them so i wouldnt be going there unless it was to get a pig or two. My colleague sexed all the guineas and treated them for mites and i think they are now in sexed groups x

Back