• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chewing carpets!

tracyuk

Mama Doe
Rory is driving me mad at the moment. He has decided over the last week, that my carpets need chewing and shreddng up and has taken it upon himself to do the job for me.
Anyone else with this prob and any ideas for preventions?
Tracy

They do a bitter tasting spray for teething puppies which sometimes can help. One type is called Bitter Bite :)

Aemilia does that too :roll:
I have blocked the area that she likes to dig (an un-used doorway) with a jumbo storage bin with a lid, I put a rug on the lid & now they like to sit up there and she can't dig at it :D
How about giving him a digging box with play-sand in to divert his digging behaviour?

Flynn chews my carpets. What I have done that has worked so far and protected what he hasn't already had a go at, is carpet squares (sample mats). I buy them from places like carpet Right. They charge me 50p per square. I have put them in the corners and by the door and he's nibbled a bit, but no damage to the real carpet underneath. He also rakes on the floor but again this has mellowed a bit with age and he's got the old yellow pages that he digs in instead now.I've spent £3.50 in the last 12 months so it's not been expensive ( where as replacing the carpets will be!) I've tried to colour match where poss, but it really does protect. It's been a really good solution and I just change them when they get a bit scruffy or thread bare. You can lift and wash them too if you have any toilet 'accidents'.:D

Back