• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ideas to make living area for bunny sufficient

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
Hi everyone

Spudsy my little wild bunny will be 9 weeks old :D this week, at some point she will be going outside with a companion (s) but as we have a fairly small garden we need to be clever with the space that we have got.

I have looked at sheds as seems like most people seem to have sheds rather than hutches which seems a great idea because of the height, perhaps the adding of platforms plus I can get in there too :) with the bunnies!

Run wise I would like there to be enough room so they can skip and jump but this may mean the run going off in one direction and then round in another as we haven't got enough room for a straight run. We did have but before we decided we were going to keep the bunnies (now bunny) we put new borders in and spent a fortune on plants!

So I am looking for some great ideas (and photos for inspiration) of how to do this!

Thanking you all in advance!
Suzanne

If you're really tight for space you may find they have more room on those rainy days in winter :rolleyes: if you buy a hutch over run, or a double hutch - just make sure it's at least 2' deep and 5' wide, as the stairs use up half the space otherwise. Happyhutch do some good ones. :)

These are photos of what I've done in a 10'x10' area:

ne1.jpg

ne8.jpg

I think making lots of levels with shelves etc. is a good way to utilise space :D
The shed idea sounds good - did you see this thread?
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=93777

Wow thats awesome !!!! :shock: :D

Did you build that yourself!!!??? :shock: I'd be very impressed if you had ! :lol:

Back