• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What are your plans for an emergency?

Ben's mum

Warren Veteran
Following on from the back up plans thread, have you made plans on evacuating your pets in an emergency?
I've made sure I own enough carriers and keep them nearby so should there be a flood, fire, etc. I can get the animals out to safety quickly. It's something I've done for a while (when they lived in my bedroom I even planned an escape route out my window and down the trellis :lol: ) especially as we had a fire in our house (not when I had the animals though)
Fingers crossed nothing would ever happen but I'd be heartbroken to have to leave behind any animals should the worst happen, especially if it was a fire or something that I know would cause a painful slow death :(

I sometimes find myself worrying about this... I can't imagine that I'd be able to get all the animals out. :( I have a box in the room with the guinea pigs that I would try to bundle them into, then would have to try to grab all the other cages one by one - but would need several trips. :(

I worry about this all the time. The hardest thing is thinking about who I would grab first :cry:
I suppose if I was in my room, I would grab Oliver, run down the first flight of stairs, rush the doggies out the door, hand off Oliver to somebody, then the hardest part would be to get Blaise out of the back bedroom downstairs. Its soo far away from the front door :( But these is a window in Blaise's room that leads rights out to the yard so I could hop out that with the B man in my arms.

I just hope for the best! :D - no way could I get 14 cages and hutches emptied quickly - I could throw them out of the window as they are on the ground floor, but I doubt they'd wait patiently in a line on the patio for me - I'd never find them again! If I did there'd no doubt be a few more babies on the way :rolleyes: The bunnies are outside already - phew! :D

Havent made one - will do though!
it will read - whatever happens save the bunnies first! and if I die make sure they go to aunty Karen at rabbit ritz. *sorry Karen if you ever read this :lol: *

Back