• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats the differance?!?! Dwarf and Mini

Hi guys

I am just curious what is the differance between a mini and a dwarf lop? Is one smaller than the other? Just idle curiousity you understand :roll: :lol:

Esther x

A dwarf lop is bigger than a mini lop. I read that dwarf refers to the ear size but people buying them in petshops mistakingly think they are buying a small rabbit but they are medium sized. Mini lops are smaller versions I think (not had one of these so am not sure)

I think the Dwarf is a dwarf on the french lop, which actually makes it about average bunny sized :lol:

Basically, a mini lop is a smaller version of a dwarf lop. Max weight for a Dwarf Lop is 5 1/2lb. Max weight for a Mini Lop is 3 1/2lb. If you want to get technical their head shape is slightly different -mini lops have more of an 'apple' shaped head, but the main different is weight and size.

Back