• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

oh my god!

kimd6200

Banned
oh my god,my poor missy died in the night giving birth.she had 9 babies all stillborn.why did this happen?she seemed fine yesterday.she was eating,drinking,even gave me a kiss!:cry: im so depressed because i didnt help her when she needed me the most.i dont know if i could of helped but wish i could of.do rabbits normaly have this many?hope shes gone to a happy place.:cry: :cry: xxx

I'm so so sorry. I have no experience in pregnant rabbits etc, but i just wanted to say I'm thinking of you. :cry: xxxx

So sorry to hear about your bunnies, I'm sending you lots of hugs and calming didge vibes.
Farewell little ones.

x

how old was she? if she was under 6 months she was too young to have babies she may have got one stuck in the birth canal.This really highlights why breeding is wrong.pregnant rabbits need to be kept an eye on durng birth incase they have difficulties.That poor bunny.:(

just seen that she was 2 years old and a cross breed.if this was her firt litter then she probablt got one stuck as the pelvis fuses at 1 year old so if your breeding you need to have a litter before the age of 1 year.As she was a cross breed and mated with another bun the babies probally had genetic problems and hence they died.BUT if they were in their sacks still(which can look like a stillbirth) then she may have died before she could rip open the sacks.and that could be why they died.

Baby rabbits are not born in sacks so that would not have been the problem. Perhaps she had a difficult birth and just couldnt cope with it.
I am sorry for your loss

Back