• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Making hutch cover - what to use

debpayne

Young Bun
Hello,
I want to have a go at making a hutch cover for my double decker hutch. I am buying some clear tarpaullin from ebay and plan on cutting it into rectangle sections and joinging them together so that it fits over like a hutch hugger thingy.....My question is, what would you use to join the edges of the tarpaulin..I'm thinking heavy duty staples but that might rip it..I plan on having a flap section on the front that will roll up but can be secured down with velcro, would I need to have other air holes in there too? It would only be used in the rain and in winter and removed in warm weather.
Thanks
Deb

I recently made a blind like awning to cover one of my runs, I roll it down from the shed over the run. I used ordinary staples on a taupaulin/thick plastic sheet and it has been fine.

Rabswood

Back