• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

update on Betty

Thought I'd give you all an update on Betty bun now she is settled in to her new home. Despite appearing totally wild she has calmed down enormously and at last we can sit right next to the run without her running away. The secret is to not make any sudden moves as she panics and bolts for cover. Her ears are now upright instead of flat back and when I talk to her she really listens. I thought I'd give her a small piece of ryvita (Skippy's favourite treat!) and she came and took it from my hand!:D I couldn't believe it. Also this morning I picked them both some dandelion leaves and again she took one from me. My son has been laying next to the run after school and she is very interested in his hair. We have decided not to try to bond her with Skippy as he is just too full on for her at the moment and he lives in the house whereas I agree with Jill that Betty will be much happier outdoors despite the fact that she has all but demolished her hutch and run!:shock: I would definitely like to get her a husbun when she is a bit more confident as she will be much happier but he will have to be a calm and sensitive soul perhaps nervy like her so that they will be a comfort for each other.

Congratulations - sounds like things are going really well.

I would be interested to know what you have done to help her settle down, as I am just about to foster a very scared baby bunny.

If you had any suggestions I would be very grateful!

Back