• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New foster bun

pepperpots

Alpha Buck
Rabbit arrives thursday. Eight weeks old, very small, white with tan bits. It was found as a stray, so basically it must have escaped from a hutch. It is a total escape artist and as scared as they come. Apparently it tried to fix itself to the back of the hutch vertically to blend in with the wood....

It doesn't bite/kick but just freezes. Will try and jump though, from any height. No-one has seen it do anything while they are watching, but it is eating at night.

My homemade guinea pig pen in my office (I work from home) seems perfect. It is only 4ft by 3 ft, but has tall thick wooden walls (doesn't chew at the moment, but will keep an eye out for that) and bars on top. It is tall enough for it to stretch upwards as well. Normally rabbits go in a converted shed and 6ft by 6ft run, but that's just too much for this little guy, at least for a while.

I'll give him the radio 4 treatment (its very soothing) and lots of time to relax without too much pressure being put on him. I tend just to sit near them reading etc and ignoring them.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

All of this means that Dice is going back for rehoming. I'll miss him but he is sooooo much happier and healthier than when he arrived - ready to find his new home.

As of thursday he will be back at Block Fen RSPCA (near Ely/Cambridge) looking for a new home.

How can anyone resist this face -

DSC00624.jpg

He's an extra shmexy boy now, as his fur has nearly grown back.

I'll miss his cheeky face. He's so friendly now he follows me around the kitchen and even gave me a few licks the other day:D .

Aww what a cutie!

Whereabouts do you live? I grew up in Cambridgeshire.

Good luck with your new foster bunn, its always sad when they leave isn't it :(

Near Ely.

Sad but happy all at once!

He looks so much better and hopefully he will soon have a new family that loves him as much as I do.

He looks so much better and hopefully he will soon have a new family that loves him as much as I do.

Pepperpots!!! No need to post the pic, I keep looking at the previous thread anyway! I even looked for the tel no for the RSPCA he is going to..... stop it Don, you must stop looking! I'm fostering at the mo and currently have 3, but Dice has got a very tempting little face and a very significant name too!:)

Somethimes it is the small things that make your day.

Dice is in my office in the middle of the carpet sprawled(sp) out, completely relaxed - you know, when they stretch their back legs out behind them.

This is the first time he has done something which is normally common rabbit behaviour.

He really is a happy chappie now.

Fostering can be really tough, but it has huge rewards!

Back