• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For Everyuone Who Has Had To Make The Terrible Choice

We have all at some time in our lives had to make the terrible choice on whether to let our beloved fur babies go....whether they be rabbits, cats,dogs ect
I have found this poem that may make you feel a little better about what you had to decide............

You're giving me a special gift
So sorrowfully endowed,
And through these last cherish days
Your courage makes me proud,
But really love is knowing
When your best friend is in pain,
And understanding earthly acts
Will only be in vain,
So looking deep into your eyes
Beyond into your soul,
I see in you a magic that will
Once more make me whole,
The strength that you possess
Is why I look to you today,
To do this thing that must be done
For it's the only way,
That strength is why I followed you
And chose you as my friend,
And why I've loved you all these years
My best friend to the end,
Please understand just what this gift
You're giving means to me,
It gives me back the strength I've lost
And all my dignity,
You take a stand on my behalf
For that is what friends do,
You know that what you do is right
For I believe it too,
So one last time I breathe your scent
And through your hand I feel,
The courage that's within you
To grant me this appeal,
Cut the leash that holds me here
Dear friend and let me run,
Once more a strong and steady pet
My pain and struggle done,
And don't despair my passing
For I won't be far away,
Forever here within your heart
And memory I will stay,
I'll be watching over you
Your ever faithful friend,
And in your memories I'll run
A young pet once again.

I don't know who wrote this poem......but I do know they felt the loss of a much loved pet.

Carol

Here's another.. This is called A Dog's Prayer but ever since I was little I've thought of it as all pets. Always gets me choked up.

A Dog's Prayer by Beth Norman Harris

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footsteps falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside, for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements. And I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth. Though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land, for you are my god and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the great Master see fit to deprive me of my health, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest--and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.

Back