• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Love is in the air.....

doorkeeper

Mama Doe
I have bonded 8 groups of rabbits in the last week :shock:

First a one of our rescue lads, Pip, to a new friend so he could go to his new home.

Then a pair of special needs girls, Grandma Eva and Evensong with her missing hindfoot, had our bunster Trevellian with his twisted foot added to them.

The next day I went mad and bonded 4 groups at once :
A pair of French Lops, a pair of resident Nethie girls with old man Hazel, and Atreides with Salvia and Moonshine with Gem.
I put the Frenchies in our largest run and stayed with them until he stopped trying to kill her. Really funny - he sat looking at her for a while when I wouldn't let him hurt her and seemed to decide she was a proper looking rabbit and went and lay down next to her. They must have been communicating as she didn't run that time after running from the instant she saw him ( and this Ivy, the dangerous doe who caused internal damage to a Conti before :shock:) . An hour later she was grooming him:D
Bouyed up with this sucess I put Hazel in a run with the two Nethie girls and the two other pairs in carriers. Once Hazel et al calmed down the pairs went in runs. I sat there by the rabbits all day and by evening they were all happy with eachother. But I did take the Frenchies home with me to spend the night in my bedroom out of respect for Ivy's reputation. Needless it proved, she spent the whole night washing him:lol: When it is the right rabbit, it just works:D (Lots of thought went into these pairings, they were not just any rabbits thrown together)
The next day I put a pair of Continental Giants together. It was love from first contact:D
And on Sat another doe was brought for me to pair up. The second I put the buck in with her he started grooming her. She was a bit surprised but seemed to like the idea:lol:

Clearly June is the month for rabbit love to blossom :love:
So any of you with lonely rabbits, get them over here fast, I'm on a roll ;)

Fantastic Louise!!, that is absolutley brilliant, must have taken some nerve to do that lot, I get jittery just bonding 2 together.

Well done!

I'm really pleased that you've managed to bond Athena with Zeus...and looking forward to seeing all the loved up buns later this week!

Back