• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your rabbits like height?

Ben's mum

Warren Veteran
Are your bunnies climbers or not? I'm having a revamp of the animal cages and may possibly have space above the current puppy pen Ben lives in to extend it upwards. He'd have the same floorspace but more height.

Oh yes! My buns are only small but Poppy can easily get over the 3ft panels I had! I gave up and they have a whole room now, with a tall child gate to stop them coming into the front room, seems to work :lol:

They have lots of boxes and stuff so they can jump up and get a good view of the world :D

Zeb is currently in bunny heaven as we have a pile of black sacks in the kitchen that need unpacking. He's tunnelled under them (destroying some of my books) but he also leaps onto the first one, and then proceeds to bounce around allover them.

He also leaps 3foot panels and jumps onto the top of the settee from the floor, rather than the conventional method of cushions first. I'd say he likes height :lol:

Our 2 are 13 weeks old and don't stop climbing and jumping. The settee then the back of the settee, if we are on it onto us as well. The Dining table, the bed, patio table and now the new place is on top of there hutch which is approx 3.5ft off the ground. This was all done so that they could munch my pussy willow which was doing nicely till it had a drastic haircut! The monkeys :lol:

Their Grandad is building them a 2 tier hutch at the minute. Was advised last year that French Lops do not like climbing and therefore 2 tiers were not suitable, I dont think our 2 have have listened to that advice. They are only french lop X (dad was one) so that gene might has escaped them.

Ours love jumping on and off their hutches, and like to sleep on top of them. They like to have a good view!

The sofa is about it for Deej, he's happiest on the ground and under shelves etc (though before I paneled of the TV unit properly he jumped on that)!

My bunnies love to jump up. They have low shelves in their pens- about a foot high. They jump all over my furniture too. I just don't want them jumping quite that high when I'm not watching.

In the past I've caught Moo climbing my washing maiden...

Colin will also scale panels, one paw at a time like a little mountaineer. Couldn't work out how he was escaping until I saw him do it :lol:

Back