• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grandpa Cant Eat Again :-( U/D 1305hrs

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I fear his teeth have spurred again already as after a few days of doing well, eating lots, he now tries to eat but cant. I have swabed his mouth and there does not appear to be more infection, he finished the Depocillin 3 days ago.
When I had a look in his mouth with the scope I could see an abnormality on the right hand side which looks horribly like the tumour Unky A had :cry:

Grandpa will see Christobel this morning. Surgery is not an option..........

:cry: :cry:

Janex

Last edited:
On no!, poor Grandpa Gregory, and he was doing so well, lets hope Christobel can work a miracle

Oh Jane, I am SO sorry to hear this!:cry:

Will keep all of my fingers firmly crossed that he will be okay. Best of luck to you both! XXXXX

paws crossed. he was doing so well as well. come on Grandpa, you've done it once, do it again old chap! :love:

Christobel says that Grandpa does not have any sign of active infection in his mouth and the white area I saw is scar tissue from where he bit his cheek/tongue during recovering from the last GA. She says Grandpa's teeth are already quite long again, 10 days after his dental. But she could not see any spurs as yet.
Grandpa is almost certainly in chronic renal failure. He is drinking and weeing gallons. We are not going to put him through the stress of a blood test to tell us what we almost certainly know. So I have brought Grandpa home and he will get lots of TLC. He has managed to eat grated carrot and some chopped greens plus a few porridge oats. He remains very bright within himself. When Grandpa refuses even soft food Christobel will help him to The Bridge. Another dental is out of the question.

Janex :cry:

Oh Jane:cry: :cry: :cry:

I know you`ll do the best for Grandpa & am sending huge comforting hugs to you both.........................................

Su.x

Thanks everyone. Grandpa still seems cheerful within himself and has eaten a bit more. He is such a lovely old chap. I just wish we could 'cure' him............

Janex

Back