• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Did she get a dunking??? U/D the results are here!

Did she fall in the water?

• Yes: She fell in the water

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • No: She stayed on the horse

Votes: 14 82.4%

• Total voters
Photos taken yesterday of Polly Stockton at Bramham Horse Trials up in Yorkshire.

The question is; did she stay on the horse or end up in the water?

Looks ok at this point:
Bramham-2007-249.jpg

Starts to look a little unsteady:
Bramham-2007-250.jpg

Oops getting a bit deeper!:
Bramham-2007-252.jpg

Bramham-2007-254.jpg

Nearly over the horses head:
Bramham-2007-255.jpg

Last edited:
:shock: :shock: :shock: Oo-er scary moment, but bootiful horse! So when are we going to find out the answer?:lol:

PS Are these your photos?

:shock: :shock: :shock: Oo-er scary moment, but bootiful horse! So when are we going to find out the answer?:lol:

PS Are these your photos?

I'll post the end of the sequence tomorrow!

Yes these are my photos, I took nearly 400 :)shock: - you can easily get carried away with digital!). I'm still largly to edit them!

Hannah

Wow looks like a really good camera, may I ask what it is?:D

Can't believe you ain't gonna say till tommorrow!:cry:

Wow looks like a really good camera, may I ask what it is?:D

Can't believe you ain't gonna say till tommorrow!:cry:

I have the Canon 20D (it's a digital SLR), used it with the 70-200 L IS USM lens.

Sorry I haven't got around to editing the remaining photos yet.

H

Well here's the results:

Bramham-2007-256.jpg

Bramham-2007-257.jpg

Bramham-2007-258.jpg

Bramham-2007-260.jpg

So the majority were right, she stayed on her horse. Which was a good job since she went clear cross country, and only 4 faults in the show jumping which moved her up from 10th place after the dressage to 2nd place overal!

Now I really must get on and edit some other other piccies from the day!

Hannah

She might have stayed on but look at the poor horses knees :( and she carried on...I hope they were just scrapes for his sake and she hasnt ruined him by riding him on.

Great clear pics by the way!

She might have stayed on but look at the poor horses knees :( and she carried on...I hope they were just scrapes for his sake and she hasnt ruined him by riding him on.

Great clear pics by the way!

I have to say I didn't notice that until I edited the photos. However before the horse are allowed to compete the next day they undergo a vets inspection, where they are trotted up infront on the vet. The vet then decides if the horse is ok to compete, in the next stage. I assume as this horse passed the vets inspection that the wounds are only superficial! Any signs of lameness and the vet wouldn't have let him do the showjumping stage - they can be very strict!

Yes of course, I'm sure he was checked out, eventing horse are really well looked after on the whole, it prolly just looks worse than it is like most skin wounds. Bet it stung like hell though!
So did you have a nice time? I've always wanted to go, how much do you get to see though with the cross country? Do you move along or just stay at one fence? I'd want to see it all!

Yes of course, I'm sure he was checked out, eventing horse are really well looked after on the whole, it prolly just looks worse than it is like most skin wounds. Bet it stung like hell though!
So did you have a nice time? I've always wanted to go, how much do you get to see though with the cross country? Do you move along or just stay at one fence? I'd want to see it all!

It was a nice day, the warm weather and the sun of coures helped :) I thought the coures it's self was nice, you can quite easily get to see all the fences (not like Badminton & Burghley where there are crouds 4 deep!). I walked around most of the course although I didn't see the beginning or last couple of fences. It's quite a long course but worth walking it I think. Depending on how far apart the fences are depends on whether you can get to the next one before the next horse comes (also depends how quickly you can walk) - if you get my drift?

That was the first time I had been to Bramham and I think it's poss one I would look to go to again. :D

Back