• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What Colour AM I ?!?

March Hare

Warren Veteran
I have a dilemma here!!! I have recently purchased this lovely French Lop doe. I am TOTALLY in love with her....she is such a sweetheart! I bought her from a couple who have bred for a long number of years, and who belong to the BRC and show regularly. One of them told me before I bought her that she was Fawn (I know she isn't) and when I collected her, the other one told me that she is Opal, which I accepted as I have never HAD an Opal before. However, I have now had someone ELSE tell me that she isn't Opal EITHER!!!!! So now I am looking for everyone else's opinions.......exactly what colour IS she?!?!?

AGemresize.jpg

AGemfronton.jpg

AGemL3.jpg

haven;t got a clue but just wanted to say how BEAUTIFUL she is!

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

whatever she is she is a little stunner - does she have a name yet?
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Many thanks for the compliments.....she will be VERY pleased! :D

Strangely enough, I had been contemplating calling her either 'Gem' or 'Jewel' when I thought she was an Opal! Now I don't know WHAT to name her!!!:lol:

I have had a couple of people tell me within the past half an hour that she is a beige.:?

really? maybe it's just the colour of the photo but she looks sort of greyish blue to me, isn't beige a more light-browny colour?

maybe you should have a poll when you've narrowed down the names a bit? polls are always fun :)

I think Jewel is a lovely name, or even Opal!

best of luck with her (I'm off to bed, it's suprisingly late!)

x

Yes, she is a fawn colour with lots of blue-ish shading. :D

I might just have to start a poll to name her, as decision making is NOT my strong point!:lol:

Sooty fawn is the brownish with dark points colour but she does look a bit umm bluish but that could be the photo.

Tam

Awww she's beautiful!! :D Well from the pic she looks a bit blueish. Why don't you call her chameleon as that covers all the colours!:D Chamy (Cammie) for short. :D

she defnatley has blue in her do you know what colours mum and dad where as this will help with her colours ect

Opal have white bellies, Joey was an opal:
joeysnuggle2.jpg

I would probably say she was a blue with rusting - do you know if the breeder's hutches/runs were very exposed to the sun? Diet as well as sun exposure can cause the fur to 'rust' and get an orangey/red tinge. It's usually noticed more with black buns but can happen in any colour.
You can see (amongst his moulting!) that Mary was part black, part orange in summer :lol:

tuftymary.jpg

She looks to me like an `isabella` colouring, even though she has both blue & beige tinging her colouring can also be called `beige`.

She`s beautiful btw:love: :love: :love:

Su.x

Many thanks for the compliments.....she will be VERY pleased! :D

Strangely enough, I had been contemplating calling her either 'Gem' or 'Jewel' when I thought she was an Opal! Now I don't know WHAT to name her!!!:lol:

I have had a couple of people tell me within the past half an hour that she is a beige.:?

Correct, she is a beige, previously known as Isabella. Shes lovely btw.

Back