• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My cakes

elve

Banned
Before I lost dialup, you all saw the frightful Christmas cake :oops:

P1010088.jpg

But I've been busy since then - only my rapidly expanding waistline put a stop to my hobby! :cry: Never mind - soon be Christmas again! :D

Meanwhile there was my son's birthday (a Linux fan)

A4penguincake.jpg

Easter! This was a fab cake - I used a jar of mincemeat and broken easter eggs in it, and it was........ :p

P1010337-1.jpg

Then there was my birthday - only a tiny cake as I was on a diet by then :rolleyes: White chocolate ganache....sigh

cake.jpg

And now, I wait for Christmas, recipie books clutched feverishly :shock:

what amazingly yummy looking cakes! :D Incidently, i have a linux penguin stuffed toy looking for a new home, would your son like it?

They're really good!! I made a Spot the dog cake once but gave up as only my son who was two years old recognised the yellow marzipan blob on top :lol:

*drool*

my aunt once famnously tried to make a thunderbirds rocket cake and it just ended up looking like a giant pink willy!!!!!! :lol:

I'm not very good at decorating them either but brownie cakes are the yummiest!

Your bday cake looks SO tasty, and I love the penguins lol

thay birthday cake looks so yummy now i wonder if i should start to bake agine nmow ive moved i manlley make bread

*drool*

my aunt once famnously tried to make a thunderbirds rocket cake and it just ended up looking like a giant pink willy!!!!!! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Since my Christmas cake I've bought a ton of cake decorating books - they have become a weakness :rolleyes:
The penguin cake is from a book, as are the other ideas - and I confess I only actually BAKED the Christmas and Easter cakes :oops: The others were just flashy toppings on shop-bought, 80p sandwich cakes :oops: The fun is in the decorating....and the eating - they only last as long as it takes me to fetch a camera :lol:

Thanks guys :D I'd love to make them to sell, but you know - EC regs and all :roll: Think environmental health might balk at 20 guinea pigs in the living room :lol:

can you not do them just for friends/family?!

I;m sure if you're selling commercially there are all sorts of restrictions (as there should be!) but surely if it's just one here and there they're more lenient? I'd buy one - sod the regulations!

I'm coming to live with you!!!! I could post up some pics of my yorkshire puddings which should have failed, but they were the best I've ever done. I was so surprised that I took a picture!!!

Back