• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Earwigs?..

Gem81

Warren Scout
Eugh, horrible little creepy crawly earwigs, could they harm the bunnies in anyway? Are they likely to cause anything similar to fly strike? For the past few days I've noticed few lurking behind the removable part of the run, when I take it off to let the buns in the garden. Then when I've cleaned the litter trays out (which I do thoroughly everyday) there's been a few hiding in there too the litter trays are in the play house, no where near the run, so they're obviously getting everywhere. I've not seen loads of them though, just one or two at a time.
I feel itchy just writing this! Yak!

One of my personal worsts!! Cant stand earwigs, they love crawling in little hidy holes and they like hay. My dad used to catch them in upturned plant pots filled with hay resting on a bean cane (as they used to eat his runner beans). As far as I know they arent harmful to bunnies, though one of them crawled into my husbands grandpas ear when he was camping, it perforated his ear drum and he's now deaf! I hate the little critters!

Back