• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

willows home but no metacam..help!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
well i called the hospital 3 times today and she was def cominghome they said..so i waited for the branch surgery to open so i could ring and se if she was indeed there.

well the vet was late traffic probs..then the receptionist had been so busy couldnt ring me..so i rang at just before 5pm and i asked if she was there..yes she was..so ic aled a cab and went to pick her up.

when i got inthere it was empty..but it had been busy and would be busier until 6.30pm..
willows carrier was up on the side and i took a peek at her and she was hot and stressed..and very wide eyed and scared.

they made me laugh by saying how willow had nearly broken their backs decanting her from the vets transport cage to her carrier..becky couldnt believe how shed grown since the headtilt incident!! neither could i!

i asked about her metacm to go home iwth and she said ill go get some but i beter checkl she didnthave rimadryl first...
which it turned out she had..
cant give her metacam she said..rimadryl takes 24 hrs to wear off and then youhave towait 3 or 4 days to give her metacam or its like aking asprin and ibuprofen togehter.

im feeling really uncomfortable about this cos my old doe was given pain relief when she was spayed and iw as sent home with metacam for her!!

whos wrong here im so stressed right now no wonder im still awake!!

It is not a good idea to give Metacam for a couple of days if Rimadyl has been given. Thats why my Vet uses Metacam immediately after the spay so more can be given after 24 hours if needed.

Janex

Thats where i was confused..manyyears back when kibbles wasspayed she was given metcam and oral to come home with as well as prepulsid.

she had metacam for a good fewdays..

Willow was spayed wed and yesterday was 24 hours..so this afternoon is 36 hrs and tomorrow 48..

Jane is there anything else i can do to make her comfy?

shes not eaten many peelts but ahs scoffed anothe huge greesn leaf this morning and is eating hay. ive taken the vet bed out as shes not laying on t now shes feeling the heat..
we have a fan going inthe lounge its nice and cool in there with curtains closed etc. No windows open in case of flies tho,..for her wound and bifs.

Thank you so much for that advcie jane its very much appreciated.:wave:

Back