• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have a plan - is it fair?

kayjay

Warren Veteran
I've come up with a cunning plan to have another pair of rabbits :D

We only have a small garden and approx one third is taken up by hutches at the moment. We want a patio and a football area so you can imagine no space for anymore bunnies :(

However, Pippa and MJ live in a Happy Hutch 6x4 hutch over run but they never use the hutch. When I say never I mean never, on awful days they sit in the run, they sleep in the run etc etc and they steadfastly refuse to use the ramp. So I thought :idea: why not extend their run and include a small hutch/shelter and use the 6 x 2 hutch for another pair of rabbits with a seperate run for them

David thinks Pippa and MJ should have the choice whether to go into their hutch but tbh I don't think they ever will, and if I give them a shelter do you think that would be ok?

I don't see why not. It's not like you're banishing them outside - if they NEVER use it then what's the problem. Of course give them some sort of shelter & shade but it sounds like a plan to me. If OH still doesn't agree then he obviously just doesn't want any more bunnies :lol:

Sounds like a good idea to me:D
Smokey and Fudge are in a dog kennel and only ever go in the run bit.OH put up shelves etc in the bed bit which is 4ftx4ft and they never use it:roll: :roll:

I've done something quite similar with my foster buns. Honey is in the 6ft top of the happy hutch and I've put an old 3ft hutch inside the downstairs run bit. Magic lives in there during the day when he's not on the grass..... I do bring him in the house at night though, he's too ickle to be out there on his own!:D

My outside bunnies live in enclosures, with small hutches in them for hideaways/ shelters. Bobby and Ruby use one of theirs as a toilet :roll: , Salt and Pepper use theirs occasionally. Both lots of bunnies like to sit on the hutches however!

I think it's a great plan.
Another pair of rabbits will get a home they deserve, and your current pair gets rid of useless space and get more of what they want.
doitdoitdoit!

Sounds fair enough to me :D I would definitely provide them with some sort of enclosed space - only has to be a small hutch if they're never shut in it and you extend the run. Have you got your eye on any bun in particular??

Sounds fair enough to me :D I would definitely provide them with some sort of enclosed space - only has to be a small hutch if they're never shut in it and you extend the run. Have you got your eye on any bun in particular??

No none right now. To be honest the OH says we can't afford anymore rabbits which is probably right but if one pops up that I can't resist, at least I know I can fit him/her in :oops:

Back