• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice needed on moving bunnies

Bunnytod

Mama Doe
Well the bunnies will be staying with the mother in law next week they will be outside for the first time ever, I go on holiday on friday will it be ok just to leave them there on friday or shall i take them a couple of days early so i can nip and check up on them for the first couple of days, When we get back would it be best leaving them outside as we will be moving house the week after, They can either come back in the house for a week then go back out or stay out permantly. I am really nervous with leaving them i have never been apart from them even for just one night, They will have a new hutch so it will be all completly diffrent for them.

Is there anyway you could let them play in their new hutch and run this week? That way they can get used to it and it won't be a massive shock. I'd be tempted to leave them out when you get back, they won't be in the way of moving then and I guess it would be unsettling inside for them.

I know what it's like, I hate leaving my bunnies too.

They dont have a run as of yet only the hutch, She will not get the rabbits out while we are away as she does not know what she is doing with them and is to scared of hurting them, Harley is a real fighter when it comes to being picked up it will be to much for her.

Oh I see. Is there anyway you could make a run that attaches to the hutch? That way they can let themselves out an djust need to be shut in at night.

Back