• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The cheapest suppliers of Panacur please

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
Were down to our last 4 free tubes so I need to stock up. Looking to pay around £3.50 a tube or cheaper if possible. Any ideas?

Would it be cheaper to buy it in bottles (the stuff they used before they came out with the rabbit stuff) and syringe out as much as you need?

Would it be cheaper to buy it in bottles (the stuff they used before they came out with the rabbit stuff) and syringe out as much as you need?

The panacur in bottles........ do you inject it or syringe it into the mouth please?

The panacur in bottles........ do you inject it or syringe it into the mouth please?

Syringed Theo, don't think you can inject Panacur

Actually we use the bottled liquid in food here, usually porridge

Syringed Theo, don't think you can inject Panacur

Actually we use the bottled liquid in food here, usually porridge

Oh right, I have never used the bottled panacur, always got the syringes with the notched doses, I assume it's all the same stuff?

Its a 100ml bottle so if you were for example treating on average 2kg (total of 0.4ml daily per rabbit) rabbits you would get 250 doses out of one bottle :D

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Bloomin 'eck!, that's much cheaper!

How many 'doses' do you get out of a bottle please?

A bottle of 10% Panacur Liquid contains 100ml. You would use 0.2ml/kg. So how long it last depends on how many Buns you are treating and how big they are
TBH I think the Panacur Rabbit is a bit of a marketing ploy. Very unecomomical unless you are only dealing with a couple of Rabbits.
But the Panacur Rabbit is licenced for use in Rabbits. Panacur Liquid is not. That fact is just a 'technicality' and does NOT imply that Panacur liquid is unsafe for Rabbits, after all the active ingredient FENBENDAZOLE is exactly the same in both

Janex :D

Last edited:
I think it's kind of good in a way, new rabbit owners or those without the knowledge of a forum like this may not realise about the risk of EC and things and just seeing the tubes at the vets or having it mentioned to them will raise their awareness. Shame they get a bit ripped off in the process though :?

I think it's kind of good in a way, new rabbit owners or those without the knowledge of a forum like this may not realise about the risk of EC and things and just seeing the tubes at the vets or having it mentioned to them will raise their awareness. Shame they get a bit ripped off in the process though :?

That was what happened to me, I got Panacur when the vets advised me to, got a syringe for each rabbit (not sure why I couldn't just have 1 syringe and use it for both buns, is it 'cos there's a risk in possible infection spreading?). Didn't know what Panacur was until the vet told me, glad I know now!

I didn't even use half of the syringe for either bun though, so had to throw a lot away. :?

Also, does Panacur have a best before date? I can't remember if it did or not. I might buy some in bulk, but if it'll go funny before I get chance to use it I'll buy them in singles.

How many 'doses' do you get out of a bottle please?

Depends how big your rabbits are you are giving it to ;)
My Nala had 0.4mls (she weighs around 1.7kg) so with that dose i could get 250 doses out of that bottle (its 100mls) ;)

Last edited:
Also, does Panacur have a best before date? I can't remember if it did or not. I might buy some in bulk, but if it'll go funny before I get chance to use it I'll buy them in singles.

The bottle i bought has a bb date of 08/2009 and i bought it about 3 months ago so it has about 2.5yr life.. doesnt say anything about using it after so long once open so i guess it doesnt matter;)

Aty the moment I have 9 rabbits to worm and get through one syringe every two days....I will certainly be going onto the Liquid, we have used it on our dog before and as long as the dosage is correct I am sure its safe, like jane said its the same active ingrediant (there is an alterantive to Panacur Rabbit which also uses fenbendazole but cant remember what it is called?)

Last edited:
The liquid does go funny after a while, but that's in the little brown bottles. My vets are happy to measure out certain amounts of meds for me to keep at home so if you're friendly enough with your own you can always ask for x amount and top it up when you need more?

Back