• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Louise (and anyone else) look- Pippa & Bobby!!!

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
Last night a special little visitor stopped by....and it seems he may be staying...

This is Bobby

08-06-07_1202.jpg

He may look familair to you as Louise's little incisorless REW boy. He is a bit of a grump and has been living on his own for a while after fighting with every rabbit he was introduced too.

This is my special little girl, Pippa, you ma recall that she has inoperable tumours across her front which means she is staying with us permenantly.

08-06-07_1201.jpg

Pippa is also a grump so I have taken a new approach to bonding, theres a bit of 'rabbit psychology' here but thus far it seems to be working. Bobby tends to start scraps with rabbits who then turn him and retaliate....as they have teeth and he dosnt he invariably comes off worse.

So Bobby has had the kitchen to himself for 12 hours....it is now 'his'. We have introduced Pippa on 'his' ground in the hope that because she feels in the wrong she will not retaliate when he reprimands her and will immediatley become submissive, rather than her usual fiesty self.

08-06-07_1203.jpg

As you can see so far it sems to be working, he has tried to gouge her eyes out acouple of times but she is totally ignoring him and when need be adopts a submissive posture to pacify him. Im keeping a very careful eye on them but fingers crossed its love!

08-06-07_1158.jpg

All is still well. They spent three hours in a neutral run while I scrubbed and cleaned Pippa's cage and they have been in there all night with only a minor disagreement....over who got the bed :roll:

Tomorrow brings a new challenge....de-Pipparising the living room so that it becomes neutral too :shock: she is very territorial of this space :shock:

Its lovely that 2 "problem" buns who could have to live seperately sound so well matched! Good Luck ! ;)

I prefere to call them special ;)

They are still not exactly loved up....but tolerance is developing.....now the bed has been confiscated :lol:

Back