• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

berie weird shoulder lump

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
well today was a mammoth outing to the vets..my daughter who never leaves the hopuse came inher wheelchair with willow in a carrier on her lap..my mum pushedbifn bertie intheir aby buggy for pets and i pushed nikki!
Nikki had to come with as shes the only one who can find berties lump.

Even petra thanked her for the positioning as she couldnt feel it..but then she pulled berties front paws forard and she could feel it..
she said its not an abscess.feels like a cyst....must keep an eye on how it grows as it can be a nuisance andhave to be removed..

he had his pedicure like a good boy and boy did he have a lot clipped off theyre like dog claws his nails so thick!
to balance out with the rest of him she said!
pheww..a cyst very common..sighs of relief in our house!!

she also checked bif was healing ok and told me i now have to soak the area in warm slaty water and try to gently rub the scabs forming off before using the dermasol..
bif had her pedicure and was a little star!
anyone else got experince in how fast these cysts can grow?

Back