• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

foldable runs

Estelle

Wise Old Thumper
Does anyone know where i can get two foldable runs from? I'd like them to be 6ft or over and not too expensive. Would prefer the wooden type rather than the wire ones.

I am planning on getting a wire puppy pen thingy for my lot once we've moved.

We'll secure it with tent pegs and put a net on top if it whilst they are out.

Have seen them on ebay for about £30 anf they're quite big too.

I am planning on getting a wire puppy pen thingy for my lot once we've moved.

We'll secure it with tent pegs and put a net on top if it whilst they are out.

Have seen them on ebay for about £30 anf they're quite big too.

i think my lot would push these over trying to escape!

I'm wondering if i could make my own with some help, there doesn't seem much to them :?

You can make your own fairly easily. I used these instructions:
http://www.bunnyhugger.co.uk/ (build your open rabbit run) but adjusted the dimensions to suit what I needed.

I'm not a DIYer but I did it all on my own.
I got the wood cut to the right size at B&Q and it was cheap to do....and you can buy some weldmesh from me for Kirkby Pet Welfare ;) (see fundraising section :lol: ).

We were going to make our own but we wanted something that they wouldn't be able to damage by chewing (when you have 5. a few bits of wood don't stand a chance :lol: ) so we decided that the tent pegs was probably the best idea to secure it.

Will see how they get on with the tent pegs holding it in. It may be that I have to look at something else to secure it.

Estelle, are you anywhere near Ashby de la zouch? There is a place called the shed shop in measham (near ashby) that would make you a foldable run for a good price? They use really good hardwearing wood. They make things to exactly how you want it. :D

Claire

Estelle, are you anywhere near Ashby de la zouch? There is a place called the shed shop in measham (near ashby) that would make you a foldable run for a good price? They use really good hardwearing wood. They make things to exactly how you want it. :D

Claire

yes, i'm very close to Ashby. Any idea how much they charge?

I saw a run on ebay 8ft x 4ft for £75. I contacted the seller and he has said he will make me two for £110, which seems like a good price.

That sounds like a brill price. I'm not exactly sure how much they would charge. Give them a call, i'm sure they would be happy to give you a quote over the phone. I only had 2 panels and a roof made as i already had 2 panels from a previous run to use. The roof was half felted and half wire. I think i paid about £35 for that and they made it all into a fold down run (separate roof). I'm sorry i haven't got the number to hand but it's in the thompson local and i'm sure they'll be in the phone book. They deliver as well.

Claire

I've just rang the Shed Shop in Measham and they dont sell fold up rabbit runs.... :? I enquired about them making one and they didnt have a clue what I was talking about. They do sell normal non-folding runs though prices are:

5ft x 3 x 20 in high = £70
6ft x 3 x 20 inch high= £75

I got my 6ft x 4 x 24 inch high, well made run from the RSPCA for £60. My search for a fold up one is still on!:)

The 8ft one i found isn't foldable, he said it was too big but i think i could easily put hinges on the corners instead of screwing them together. I'm still contemplating making one as i'm sure it would be alot cheaper. If its any good i'll start taking orders for them ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

When i had my hutch/run combo made at the shed shop i took a photo to him of what i wanted with measurements! Maybe if you went down with a photo he would know what you mean. He doesn't make many animal shelters, but my hutch/run and separate run on the grass are brill and so strong. My run does fold down but in 3 different pieces. He uses the left over materials that he makes the shed with so it's great strong wood.

The 8ft one i found isn't foldable, he said it was too big but i think i could easily put hinges on the corners instead of screwing them together. I'm still contemplating making one as i'm sure it would be alot cheaper. If its any good i'll start taking orders for them ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Estelle, you and me both!
I'm needing a couple of big runs (wanting to upgrade the size of mine), and Sara's wanting some for when she settles in her new house. To buy them (we're looking at about 7 or 8 ) would be soooooo pricey, so looking into home -making them too!

I was thinking 6ft x4ft folding runs...but the 8ft one sounds a brilliant size!

Back