• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bellas fur is being pulled out

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
As some of you will know I took on a rabbit who turned out to be pregnant, she had her babies nearly 11 weeks ago. I have since teamed Bella up with my rabbit boy Ozzie who was neutered nearly 8 weeks ago they really get on great, however I went out to their hutch this morning and Bella's fur is all over the bedroom and their is loads of it, I know they havent been fighting they are all cuddledd up and there is no marks on either of them anywhere but their is so much of her fur in the bedroom what could this be from? There is NO way she could possibly be pregnant has anyone got any ideas? Thanks
Sally

Could it be due to humping... i know this seems weird. But when i put the benjamin and Opal together for the first time, there was a lot of humping and in order to keep hold of her, he would pull her fur on her back :oops: Thankfully this behaviour only lasted a day.... other than that i cant think of anything else?? Sorry

A male bun is still fertile up to six weeks after neuter, but if female bun isn't spayed she may well be having a phantom pregnancy. Female buns are slaves to their hormones unless spayed, so she may well have a few phantoms, & nip & get hormonal until she is spayed

Hi, I did think maybe it was that but they had seemed to calm down after the first couple of days, I havent really seen them doing it much since, they have been together just over a week now, I guess it could possibly be (who knows what they get up to when noone's looking lol)
Sallyx

Back