• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Run size

Miloe's_Mum

Alpha Buck
Hi,

Could you tell me what would be the minimum (or best size) run for 2 frenchies and 2 mini lops (alltogether)

Thanks

The larger the better. My french lops occasionally go into a run, which is 8 by 5 amd 3' tall. I wouldn't go any smaller than this for a french lop if I was starting from scratch.

as large as possible

our frenchie, lola, needs more than 6ft just to speed up before binkying. if you arent buying a commercially made run - how about aviary panels. you could make a 12x6ft run then (space permitting) which would be fantastic for them.

A bit O/T - how are your buns altogether with such a size difference? does it work ok?

Hi Angie, I am bunnysitting 2 lops this summer and am hoping to integrate them with my 2, so they are not actually living together just yet.

If 12ft x 6ft is too big what would you suggest?

Thanks

:D i dont think you can get a run thats too big

its just a matter of whats best for you and your garden. if you can fit a 12x6 in your garden it would be good

if its going to take over the full garden then go for 8x6 or something similar :D

Hi Angie, I am bunnysitting 2 lops this summer and am hoping to integrate them with my 2, so they are not actually living together just yet.

Thanks

No I just meant getting frenchies & minilops together:D I just wondered if any probs were caused by the size diff - but let us know how it goes when you bond:D

I'm sure the bigger run the better:D And maybe a box or 2 for the minilops to hide in when they see the size of the Frenchies:lol:

ah but the mini lops could be like my little Zeb - who tries to kill Lola every time he sees her despite a 10lb weight difference :lol:

maybe you really need a big box for the frenchies to hide from the mini lops too :lol: :lol:

Thanks

If you're just sitting for the lops, is it a good idea to put them i with your rabbits? You have the possibility that it won't go well, and if it does you will then have to separate them after they have become attatched. Just a thought - or possibly I've misunderstood!

Hiya,

Yes i've thought of this, and if they dont bond then the lops can come and live indoors - i'd still like mine to live outside anyway so building / buying a run wont go to waste :D

I think my two would be more scared of the lops than the other way round :lol: they get frightened of likkle birdies in the garden! :shock:

Back