• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stamping Help!!!

Monkey

Warren Veteran
My bunnies seem to have a stamping competition in the middle of the night and its keeping me awake, worried its keeping the neighbours awake too and they might complain.

Is there anything i can do to stop them????:?

Er no!!

Some people line the hutches with carpet to soften the sound?

Also make sure buns are secure in their runs/hutches, as they might be thumping as a warning if they see a fox/predator or sommat

Are they house buns or outdoor buns?

For house buns this is what I do:

Get up and go sit with them. If they are acting very scared, turn the lights on through the flat (or just the floor you're on if in a house). While doing this make it look like your searching/inspecting so they feel that you've checked. Mine actually watch me do this. Then go sit with them, talking softly and stroking them. As they start calming down distract them with a little titbit treat to eat out of your hand. If its noises from outside make sure to close the windows to minimise. They will stop stamping so much but make the odd one. When they do say in a soft voice "whats all this stampy paws, silly bun bun. Bunnies safe" and just keep stroking them and sit there until they stop. I know its tiring in the middle of the night but it does work and stops them whereas if you ignore it can go on for ages and could cause injury to their back paw. Hope this helps :D

Evo goes through phases of doing this, I sometimes think it's just attention seeking, cos I usually just give him something to eat and go back to bed. :oops: He's not so bad in his new cage, because he can see the door, so I think he's not so worried about things sneaking up on him.

we had the same problem 2 years ago.we ended up bringing all the bunnies in at night as they stamped so loud and the neighbours complained so much,we even got a letter from the council!!

I had the police called one night as a french lop foster was giving my neighbours the impression that someone was trying to sledgehammer into the back of our house.

Later I discovered that a fox was on my brick wall, I solved the problem by bringing her indoors and finding a new home for her ;)

I wake up to the sound of scractching every morning... Polo and Oscars run is right next to our bedroom window... and she likes a bit dig in the morning.... I honestly dont know what to suggest, buns just like to do it... Is there anyway you can move them away from the neighbours house?

we had a manky old rug in our bathroom (landlady's not ours) and we wanted it AWAY from guests so we put it under their cage and it helped muffle the sound. we don't have stamping trouble but jack chews the bars VERY noisily from dusk until breakfast and it helped.

I was worried about stamping but we don't have that - we have the noise of Teddy playing with his jingle ball, MJ and Pippa playing follow the leader through the green plastic tunnel and now Jemima chewing her way out of her hutch (and that's so loud!!). Luckily the nearest neighbour to them is the local vet nurse so no complaints yet!

Back