• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone know a safe woodstain?

buddabun

Warren Veteran
I've been looking around for one to stain my run (that i have yet to make, so no rush) and they ALL have huge amounts of solvent in them and are 'harmful to the environment'. The people I bought the hutch from have apparently located a rabbit-safe one but obviously they're not going to tell me what it is. I was wondering if anyone has found one?

PS The company I got my hutch from was "The Rabbit Hutch Shop" on eBay...

I think quite a few of the water based rather than solvent based ones are OK - I'm sure the green one I've used said it was safe with animals.

I heard cuprinol was bad. The place i got the hutch from said

To find timber treatment that was safe for use on rabbit hutches we had to contact practically every chemical company in britain. (Contact the Cuprinol technical department and ask them which of there products you should use on your rabbit hutch. They will tell you not to use any of them!!!)

but I'll have a looky at the cuprinol

I heard cuprinol was bad. The place i got the hutch from said

but I'll have a looky at the cuprinol

Oh, sorry :oops: :oops: Maybe best to contact Cuprinol then :)

We just used it on the outside of the hutches to waterproof them, not anywhere 'chewable' by the bunnies, but as always, better to be safe than sorry.

you're right though it does say safe for pets and plants!

I don't know. i'll email the company and ask their prices lol

Back