• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing me and Binky

pepperpots

Alpha Buck
Hi,

I don't actually have a rabbit of my own (many other animals - mainly rats!), but I foster small animals for my local RSPCA.

So far I have looked after guinea pigs and I currently have a rabbit called Dice (aka Binky). I generally take the nervous animals in and tame them so they are easier to rehome, or those that need a dose of TLC.

Binky falls into the latter case, as he is already a really friendly lad. He had been let into the wild and was found with an abcess, broken back tooth, lots of scabs, mangled ears and ripped nose.

He was my first rabbit (foster or otherwise) and I made him a shed palace and a 6ft by 6ft run. However, as he couldn't have grass at first (and is still only allowed limited grazing) he now spends the night in the shed, a few hours in the run and the rest of the time either in my huge kitchen or in my office (I work from home) where he likes demanding cuddles and sitting under my desk next to my feet.

I think it's fair to say he has made himself at home, and is completely spoiled. He's probably going back soon, as he is ready to rehome (a happy, but sad moment) and I will miss him soooo much. My dog Lucy is also in lurve with him.

We've thought about getting some buns of our own, but it would mean I would have to give up the fostering and that is what I really love doing. Plus I only have limited funds for the hordes (only the best hay around here!).

Anyway - here is the handsome chappie:

DSC00624.jpg

Mmmm new treat from Pampered Piggies

DSC00627.jpg

Nearly finished ....

DSC00658.jpg

Ok, next ... there must be food in here!

DSC00663.jpg

Wet dog - no the egg box is far more interesting. I'm in training to be the the next Easter bunny!

DSC00667.jpg

Last edited:
:shock: OH he's lovely!!!! I'm a real fan of up eared agoutis, and a complete sucker for one with a sob story too..... errrrr where abouts are you btw:lol:

Awww how anyone can do that to such a beautifull boy lol! - dont think he will have to many problems finding a home- well done for doing such a great job! :>

Back