• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Monster Hutch!

CottonMather

Warren Veteran
The view from our french windows - O/H is not impressed...
ne1.jpg

and from the side:
ne8.jpg

ne3.jpg

The floor space inside the hutch are 6'x4', it is closed and locked at night and the back is covered with tarpauline (sp?), so it's nice and dry for them... if any more of those nasty foxes come about, they can bolt upstairs, or hide in the boxes etc... much better.

The occupants:
Flower
ne2.jpg

Gaius
ne4.jpg

Beauty
ne6.jpg

Gaius and Beauty (again)
ne5.jpg

And... I'm sure Nitro is here somewhere.... Oh! sorry Nitro - he's in the loo :oops:
ne7.jpg

All 4 are living together with minimal chasing, no humping and only a little fur pulling... they are mostly just hanging out with each other though - so I'm chuffed! :D

That looks great - who made that? Our view from our dining room window is pretty similar :lol:

Well done faye!! that hutch is brilliant and im sure o/h will come round. Lucky lukcy bunnies!! How did you set it up, did you modify existing hutches??

It's made out of Nitro and Beauty's hutch ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Giant-6-x-2-R...s_W0QQitemZ300116242681QQihZ020QQcategoryZ63 )
I bought 2 runs though, that's why it's so tall... I bolted one on top of the other, then I nailed ply to the sides and added a 6'x2' shelf so that they can still use the ramp :D With the tarpaulin down, 3 sides are covered and the fron is so close to the house, that rain won't get in.
I fenced the veranda off with thick coated wire and made a fence at the front for access... I am planning on doubling the height of the green fencing soon.

And just like that they bonded! We must bite the bullet and get our 7 together.
Who needs a view anyway when you've got rabbits to watch :D !

Neil

I think I've already said our ultimate plan is for a second reception as a rabbit room with glass doors leading to the lounge. Fortunately we're both in agreement about it!

Neil

It's made out of Nitro and Beauty's hutch ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Giant-6-x-2-R...s_W0QQitemZ300116242681QQihZ020QQcategoryZ63 )
I bought 2 runs though, that's why it's so tall... I bolted one on top of the other, then I nailed ply to the sides and added a 6'x2' shelf so that they can still use the ramp :D With the tarpaulin down, 3 sides are covered and the fron is so close to the house, that rain won't get in.
I fenced the veranda off with thick coated wire and made a fence at the front for access... I am planning on doubling the height of the green fencing soon.

Bit of a handy woman arent ya? Your little boy looks so much bigger now that in those pictures you posted. He is so cute.... :love:

Back