• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frida quiet again

Well poor Frida is being suspiciously quiet again. She had a good appetite this morning and was fairly lively. But she'd only done a few really small poos in her litter tray and even when i let her onto the landing she only did a few more in the "communal" litter tray. Normally she'd leave a huge pile there to mark her territory.

Gail said she was eating when she went to work but only a few more small poos. I'm at a loss as she eats loads of hay, has a healthy appetite for veg, and has lots of space to exercise. The only thing I can think of after reading a post in rabbit care, is that she might be overgrooming herself. After the last bout of GI stasis she started producing poos that were full of fur after she had a gut motility shot. She's been outside for a week at the beginning of May and she started moulting again when she came back inside - I do brush her but theres never really much to brush - its as though she is doing it herself.

She's had a few poos strung together this week but we do give her papaya/pineapple tablets. I gave her some pear this morning with some of her left over maxolon on it, and put some pineapple juice in her water. She wasnt feeling docile enough to tolerate any syringing and I didnt want to stress her.

Gails taken her to the vets at 5.20pm if theres no improvement when she gets home at 4pm. We've left a snugglesafe for her to make sure she stays warm. I must admit she doesnt seem anything like as subdued as last time she was ill so fingers crossed she'll be ok tonight.

Oh no... sorry to hear this. I strongly believe in going with your instincts on this one. So similar to my 2. Keep us updated. x

Try dosing her with fur ball medicine, my Aunt breeds Angoras and when she clips them off she doses them with Kitty Malt, because otherwise they groom themeselves and ingest all the loose fur.

You don't need to brush her if shes only moulting lightly. I get mine out nightly and spray my hands with water and run my hands over their coats and stroke them until my hands and their coats are dry again - doing that will pick up any loose fur.

I read somewhere on here that the tablets might not work as well as fresh pineapple? Maybe you could try that?

she wont touch fresh pineapple - she will drink the juice in her water though so i might make this a regular supplement

im hoping gail will get home to a huge pile of bunny poo as i could really do without another £55 bill and i dont want my poor bunster going through it all again.

so hopefully by the time i get home, she'll have perked up a bit :D

Back