• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Prudence

Veronica

Mama Doe
Hasn't it been soooo warm this week! I've had to bring the fan down from the attic for my bedroom! It's been too warm in there otherwise!

Well...the heat has got me thinking. I was grooming Pru this evening (during Corrie :lol: )...and she's due a trim around her eyes again. She has such a long fringe that grows so long and completely covers her eyes (poor lil girly).

I was thinking, should I clip her completely? Would it make her more comfortable? She didn't feel overly warm (although she had spent the day laid flat out in the shade on the grass relaxing :lol: )...but in the long term over these warmed days, and as summer hots up?

There again....I personally TOTALLY love :love: her fluffy fur, and thinks she looks sooo beautiful :D :love: Am I being selfish though?

What do you guys think?

:)

I think my Angora used to like having his fur trimmed in summer, I used to clip him off completley at around this time of year so he was short all summer and it had growned back to full coat by the time it turned chillier.
When I worked in the groomers what we used to do with long haired dogs who's owners didnt want then cut all off was to shave a channel on the underneath, so shave very short their tummy only. This way they could lie on cool surfaces with their shaved tums and cool down better but you couldnt tell they were clipped as the rest of their long fur hung down and covered it, such as Beardies and Afghans. Sometimes though its the density of the fur though not necissarily the length, you could get some thinning scissors and thin her out a bit, that might help?:D *cough* new pics *cough*

I only ever trim my simba and nala on their face so that they can see.. i figure they were born with fuzz so are probably used to it.. i guess if she feels extremely hot you could do but if not personally id not worry too much.
Her fur isnt as thick as an angora is it?

Back