• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescues: Your 'most memorable' rabbit?

Morrigan1981

Mama Doe
I was just wondering whether people who run rescues have stories of that one 'extra special' rabbit that came into their rescue. Who were they and what was their story? Why does that bun in particular stick in your mind? :D

I've put 'most memorable' in quotes in the thread title because I know that every rabbit is special and memorable in their own way, and I certainly wouldn't want to imply otherwise! :love: :D

would be hard to answer with just one...
The family i took in..Alfie, Faith, Polly, Mouse,Hope. Pip and Elsa

Little Merlin....
Gentle Patch and ..Bambi...my rascal Bandit....Reubey doos......Short sighted Lily.....off-the-planet Wooky-woo..........
Finlay, Dougal and the dreadful day babies....
And my poor Molly moo who I think about often:cry:
So many and as you say they are all special...could probably give a reason for all 200 to be remembered.

to get back on subject
only kept 2 here..Bambi as a lifetime foster..and George ..who's parter died about the same time my Fern lost her husbun..they were both pining so seemed obvious to put them together and it was love at first sight:D

Also remembered other special bunsters! Cookie....Mickey..oh the list goes on.....

any other rescues going to try to name a few??

I think you know who mine is Tracie....Harley was an amazingly brave boy and I wish I could have done more for him.

Pippa our tumour bunny will also always have a special place in my heart, she is very much one of the family now.

Can i name my fosters?:oops: :oops:

I wanted to keep Dusk & Dawn after they had their babies (Dawn is now Speckles living with Su - Cannonwoman), also i got attached to Birmingham bun Dooley (also with Cannonwoman!), I was hopelessly in love with Domino who BARC rehomed, but he was so friendly, he wouldn't have got the human-one-to-one attention he loved so much here:( . i wanted to keep all the free ad babies - 2 girlies are with Lynda M, I kept one, Felix & Sparky are still with Jill to be rehomed & she rehomed Toffee. Mickey was a sweetheart.

I have kept a few of the ones I got attached to - Kendra baby bun, Barley French Lop X, Rosie lionhead x english spot, Alex NZ white - they were all originally temporary buns:oops:

I wanted to keep Dusk & Dawn after they had their babies (Dawn is now Speckles living with Su - Cannonwoman), also i got attached to Birmingham bun Dooley (also with Cannonwoman!), I was hopelessly in love with Domino who BARC rehomed, but he was so friendly, he wouldn't have got the human-one-to-one attention he loved so much here:( . i wanted to keep all the free ad babies - 2 girlies are with Lynda M, I kept one, Felix & Sparky are still with Jill to be rehomed & she rehomed Toffee. Mickey was a sweetheart.

I have kept a few of the ones I got attached to - Kendra baby bun, Barley French Lop X, Rosie lionhead x english spot, Alex NZ white - they were all originally temporary buns:oops:

Wouldn't it just make sense to move in with Cannonwoman?

I was just thinking the other day that I couldn't remeber who fostered Roxy (then Rachel). Sorry to go o/t.

It has to be RUDY He was going to be pts by a Animal Shelter and a person who worked there phoned me. He was a right mess when he came into me but you could tell that everything I did for him he was so greatful. Rudy wasn't being rehomed until he met Laura (loopylop) he loved her fron the minute he saw her. There was no way I could let Rudy stay with me in the rescue and miss the chance of the best home he could ever want. I tend not to try and get to attached to my rescue buns (Very hard) but i can honestly say that Rudy had to be the most gut wrenching rehome I have ever done. I was actually sat with him on my knee crying. I gave Laura a letter to read to him when she got him home. The only consolation was that when Laura came to pick him up he just didn't want to know me and that made it a hell of alot easier.

I'm gonna ask her. think she can fit the buns in too?:? :lol:

:shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well i think i could fit them all in the garden! not sure if you could cope with the rather quieter pace of life down here though Angie?!:? :lol:

Su.x

I was hopelessly in love with Domino who BARC rehomed

if this was domino

070507006.jpg

domino.jpg

domino1-1.jpg

domino1.jpg

well, he never lost his character ;-) he was rehomed very shortley afetr being advertised on rabbit rehome, i knwo taht a she was on less than two weeks when i put down a deposit!

in teh feb i went to visit him, intending on collecting him in teh march for bonding (As sam wa sbeing neutured) but i just couldnt wait that long, he came home with us on our visit, so taht he could settle in with the family before being joined by his lady friend.

he was already very freindly, now he is just totally soppy!

comes out for kisses and hugs off mum (he's a mummys boy, whilst his girlfriend sam is a daddys girl)

he always likes to be the centre of attention, if a camera comes out he is at the front of the picture

he's beautiful and he knows it, that is all i will say

and i promise you he gets pampered terribly, love and attention is one thing there is no shortage of at my house :)

if it is "the domino" let me know, and i will keep you updated with photo sessions on "your boy"...tho dont get any idea sof stealing him back, he's mine,and plus sam would never frogive me!!!

if he isnt your domino, well sorry for hijacking your post ;-)

Last edited:
well, he never lost his character ;-) he was rehomed very shortley afetr being advertised on rabbit rehome, i knwo taht a she was on less than two weeks when i put down a deposit!

in teh feb i went to visit him, intending on collecting him in teh march for bonding (As sam wa sbeing neutured) but i just couldnt wait that long, he came home with us on our visit, so taht he could settle in with the family before being joined by his lady friend.

he was already very freindly, now he is just totally soppy!

comes out for kisses and hugs off mum (he's a mummys boy, whilst his girlfriend sam is a daddys girl)

he always likes to be the centre of attention, if a camera comes out he is at the front of the picture

he's beautiful and he knows it, that is all i will say

and i promise you he gets pampered terribly, love and attention is one thing there is no shortage of at my house :)

if it is "the domino" let me know, and i will keep you updated with photo sessions on "your boy"...tho dont get any idea sof stealing him back, he's mine,and plus sam would never frogive me!!!

if he isnt your domino, well sorry for hijacking your post ;-)

I'm currently banned from photobucket at work so can't see pics yet, but shortly getting internet at home & start new job in july, so that will all change then!:lol: It def sound like the Domino i knew (formerly called Dougal when i got him:shock: :lol: ), so def let me know how he is going on:D he was lobvely - glad he's happy:D :D :D

Isabel..Trying to think who had her first..when she was Roger!!...think it was Michelle..?...Roxy was then here for a while then Ange, my friend and fosterer , had her til she came to you....I think:oops:

It has to be RUDY He was going to be pts by a Animal Shelter and a person who worked there phoned me. He was a right mess when he came into me but you could tell that everything I did for him he was so greatful. Rudy wasn't being rehomed until he met Laura (loopylop) he loved her fron the minute he saw her. There was no way I could let Rudy stay with me in the rescue and miss the chance of the best home he could ever want. I tend not to try and get to attached to my rescue buns (Very hard) but i can honestly say that Rudy had to be the most gut wrenching rehome I have ever done. I was actually sat with him on my knee crying. I gave Laura a letter to read to him when she got him home. The only consolation was that when Laura came to pick him up he just didn't want to know me and that made it a hell of alot easier.

Awwww! Least you know he is well loved! :D :D There is no favourtism in our house though............. :? :lol:

Mouse has to be the most memorable one for me as I hand reared him as his mother prolapsed her bladder a week after giving birth to her litter. She was a very young doe who had been abandoned along with 12 other rabbits in a garden when their owners were evicted. Mouse was the only one of the ltter who survived. He was exceedingly friendly due to associating my hands with food, and was bonded to Sparrow a gorgeous chocolate mini-rex. I had them both hidden away at home all winter and would have kept them if I didn't already have so many permanent residents. I now can not keep any that do not have special needs. This time that really hurt. I only let them go when a wonderful adult home turned up and the pair they had reserved started to fight and so they couldn't have them. The home check was done, the people were arriving to collect so I got stern with myself and took the pair up to the rescue. They loved them and so it happened really quickly before I could back out of it. But I still miss them:(

Back