• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grumpy buns - boy or girl thing?

Who is grumpier....

• Boy bunnies

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Girl bunnies

Votes: 23 69.7%

• Total voters

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
I didn't realise how grumpy DArcy was until I adopted two girlie buns. I love him to pieces and his funny ways just endear me more. But its really funny how you think girl buns would be more stroppy but in fact...they're not! Well not mine so far anyway...:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have to say I think girl bunnies are the grumpier!!
All three girl buns I've had have been grumps, will the boys have been great!

Karen xx

There is no "both" option. :D In my first two couples, the girls were grumpier, but with my current couple the girl is an absolute angel and the boy is grumpy.

I've had grumpy boys and girls, but overall I'd have to say females are usually grumpier- must be those hormones getting the better of them!

:lol: I find this fascinating! I wish there was a course you could do on just Rabbit psychology!! :D

not much experience but Jack is the moodier of my two (girlies) and my friend had one of each and the girl was a stroppy mare as well! Although she was treated more like a teddy than a bunny... :(

Smirnoff - my lickle lionhead boy is the grumpiest,sulkiest bun ever.

Kendra isn't great at the monet either - but her hormones will only just be dying down after her spay - smirnoff has no excuse:lol:

AH, Angie!!! Perhaps Smirnoff does, in fact, have the best excuse of all:) Living near a hormonal female!!!:lol: :lol:

My boy bun is more vocally grumpy - he will thump etc and stare. But my girl is just generally more grumpy usually, more wary and will just not let you touch her most of the time etc.

SO i vote girls as it seems to be an all the time thing!! Whereas the boys just get it out as and when necessary!!!! lol!!!!

Gus is the most lovely natured bunny you would ever meet, and Bracken & Lola are both softies too.

However, both Zeb (boy) and Frida (girl) are little tyrants at times. I think its no coincidence that i've had both of them since they were 8 weeks old (the others were between 6months and 6 years old when we got them). Zeb & Frida have obviously been indulged too much in their formative years :lol: and now when they dont get their own way they sulk, and grouch and grunt on occasion :lol:

My male is definitely more grumpy, although he is also the most affectionate. However, he sulks at the slightest little thing!

Dillion my old bunny was a right grumpy little sod lol, Honey is lolvey but Harley is grumpy, typical bloke i say:D

Gus is the most lovely natured bunny you would ever meet, and Bracken & Lola are both softies too.

However, both Zeb (boy) and Frida (girl) are little tyrants at times. I think its no coincidence that i've had both of them since they were 8 weeks old (the others were between 6months and 6 years old when we got them). Zeb & Frida have obviously been indulged too much in their formative years :lol: and now when they dont get their own way they sulk, and grouch and grunt on occasion :lol:

I think you hit the nail on the head there!! I've had darcy since he was three months old and have doted on him ever since. I have spoiled him rotten but he deserves it. He is getting more happier about having two bunnies to play with now but still wants to be No.1 bless him. If I give the other fuss he stomps off and sulks. BUT if i go to him first with fuss and he doesn't want it I move away and fuss and play with Annie and Beaty but then Darcy gets annoyed (even tho he didn't want it) and has strop/sulk.:roll: :lol:

I agree! Frankie is 1-2yrs old, has been with me for about three months and is an absolute darling. Jen has been with me since she was a baby and is a stroppy monster when she doesn't get her own way :oops:

Oscar is and always has been grumpy but so is his wifeybun Polo... shes not nearly as bad as him, but she does grunt sometimes when i pick her up for cuddles. She doesnt 'box' me though like Oscar does... Opal and Benjamin on the other hand are so soft... and laidback... not grumpy at all... so i wouldnt say it was a gender thing, just an individual bun thing.

I'd say bonded males are grumpiest!
I've found my bonded girls to be well natured, single males to be lovely, but my bonded boys are more independant, and little Joey is a downright grump!!!

Back