• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can Anyone Help- URGENT-U/D 6/6-Hopefully Sorted :-)

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I have just had a call from a chap who has a Dwarff Lop who has just recovered from EC but this morning succumbed to Fly Strike. He has received Vet treatment. This chap does not sound a negligent owner and actually contacted me a few months back when the Vet he used refused to consider EC as a diagnosis. He subsequently took bunny to see Christobel.
The chap says he feels he cant cope with the Bunny any more and wants to rehome him. He will continue to pay for ALL Veterinary care but just cant cope with the husbandry of a leaky Bunny. I have 46 Buns here at the mo' there is no way I could cope with the intensive care of this Bun without jeopodising the welfare of the Buns already here.

Could any EXPERIENCED Bunny carer offer this Bun a 'permanent foster home' where all Veterinary costs will be met. The alternative is PTS :cry:

Janex

Last edited:
Sorry I am not really close enough either to help.

Fingers crossed someone will come along for him x

Any way a bunny run can be sorted asap? I'm not sure i'd be allowed to take him, as in the middle of exams, but will ask. If not here then somewhere else :? C'mon guys, lets get this little un saved!!! :cry: Xx

Does this bunny need continuing care from Christobel and would the current owner still want to see him, or could he go to foster home anywhere in the country? I'm sure we could help with a bunny run x

I am sure I could find some space for him, but as I don't have any transport, I would not be able to collect him. So if anyone is coming down East Devon way, and could give a bunny a lift, I would love to help.
Jo x

What sort of special care does he need?

I had a rabbit with flystrike years ago, I rushed her straight to the emergency vet but she died while they were trying to help her :cry:
So I never got to the nursing stage:(

I could run this poor bun from the M25 to anywhere up the M1, but would have to do it tomorrow... I could hold this bun for a while (and provide all care) until somewhere could be sorted, but don't have the space for a permanent foster. Jane - is there any way the bun can meet me off the M25 anywhere tomorrow?

I could run this poor bun from the M25 to anywhere up the M1, but would have to do it tomorrow... I could hold this bun for a while (and provide all care) until somewhere could be sorted, but don't have the space for a permanent foster. Jane - is there any way the bun can meet me off the M25 anywhere tomorrow?

I think I am going to try to locate an ARC Foster carerer. I think Donna has a few folk who have longterm Foster Buns. And as the owner will meet Veterinary fees it wont drain ARC's budget. I have left a message on Donna's a/phone so hopefully she'll get back to me soon.

Su (CannonWoman) has very kindly offered help but we are not sure if this Bun would be OK outdoors as he is a House Rabbit (Yes, HOUSE RABBITS do get Fly Strike........)
I just wish I could split myself in two then he could come here. But there are not enough hours in the day as it is ......................:cry:

Janex

Aaaah poor bunny, hope you manage to find him somewhere. Any other time I'd offer, but we are about to move house and the bunnies are soon off to board for a couple of weeks while we do so, so I can't help I'm afraid :cry:

We do have space to get him up to scratch but after my arrivals today I dont know how financially stable we will be.... so for the time being I will have to say no :cry: If he still needs a place next week we may be better aware of our situation by then...

I am HOPING (maybe that should be HOPPING :? ) that this Bunny may have found the perfect home. Not confirmed yet but I will keep you posted.

Janex

Plans for a placement for this Bun do not appear to have worked out :cry:
It has become more urgent now so if anyone could possibly take on a leaky lop please let me know either on here or via PM

Thank-You

Janex

Back